Thread: fixing dolls eyes

Default fixing dolls eyes

Hi guys
    Having a helluva frustrating time fixing the dolls eyes to my woolhead mullets for the fly swop. I bought a glue gun but this pulls the dolls eyes out of shape...anyone else experience this? I bought them from a hardware shop. I then tried super glue but you got to saturate the egg yarn quite a bit to get them to stick and this leaves a "hard" edge around the eye. I'm thinking of turning them into silicones rather. Any tips please?
    Cheers
    Last edited by rols; 28-08-07 at 09:06 PM.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Blog Entries

I use a lighter on the glue stick instead of the glue gun. Heat the glue just enough to make it sticky. Glue does'nt get too hot this way.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 28-08-07 at 10:02 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

The best thing to use for gluing doll eyes to deer hair is Zap Gap a Goop II, not sure how it will work on woolhead mullets though
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Thanks guys
    will try the lighter a bit later. There I was, so chuffed with my glue gun. damn
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

64 views and 2 replies. did'nt think it was that k&k a question. i siliconed them at the end of the day as the bladdy hardware had no more dolls eyes and the sewing shop is nuts. they want R10.00 for 4 eyes