Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Bucktail

Default Alternative to Bucktail

Hey Lads

Just been chewing on an alternative to bucktail. I love long bucktails for many obvious reasons the primary being increased length in flies.

What about some Lion Mane as an alternative!

We could start a breeding program for them and sell the lion to the canned-lion hunter for about 1000 carats , keep the mane and enjoy longer clousers!

Wiets could you organise some Mane for me to try?

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PezVela View Post
    Hey Lads

Just been chewing on an alternative to bucktail.
    Eeeww ! You do know the bucktail is just above the buck arse ?

So what did it taste like ?

We could start a breeding program for them and sell the lion to the canned-lion hunter for about 1000 carats , keep the mane and enjoy longer clousers!

If we get them to p1$$ in cans, before they're shot, we can sell LION lager as well
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Hey Lads

Just been chewing on an alternative to bucktail. I love long bucktails for many obvious reasons the primary being increased length in flies.

Your thoughts?
    reading the yak thread from wiets, and the length of that hair, it might sound like what you looking for? i'm damn interested' if the "yettie" sp delivers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Red face

Hey Lads

Your thoughts?
    I don't think I was that 'canned' at the time but over the weekend when Elize and I were tying some flies I could've sworn she showed me some lion mane or hair - it looked like more seeryaaas klipspringer type hair - maybe she can put me right or otherwise? I'd presume this would have been taken from a lion that died a natural death not otherwise - Elize had I had one too many or was this the case?

I have what might seem a DUMB question.

Why not just use bucktail????
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I have what might seem a DUMB question.

Why not just use bucktail????
    i think he's looking at a much longer fibre than the bucktails can offer. some serious flies here.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

You get some really good long straight white hair from the "pronkhaar" on the back of a Springbuck. In the good old days the HUGE Browns in Steenbras used to love streamers tied with this.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

I really hope to hear from Elize about this mistery hair she is tying with

Wiets Banned User

Hey Lads Just been chewing on an alternative to bucktail. I love long bucktails for many obvious reasons the primary being increased length in flies. What about some Lion Mane as an alternative! We could start a breeding program for them and sell the lion to the canned-lion hunter for about 1000 carats , keep the mane and enjoy longer clousers! Wiets could you organise some Mane for me to try? Your thoughts
    Believe it or not!
    I did consider buying a lion mane - until I saw the price!!!
    Now, I'm into my yak stuff. Mmmm ... if somebody can now just proof the existence of the Yeti ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast