Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Graduate

James,

I attended a 'Cockers P' with all the Saints staff this peeyem. I'm surprised they managed to teach you to read an' rite! They all 'Goe Bak To Skool' tomorrow

The German pub down the road is still picking up zer shcrapnel...love to the Referee - give him a red from me...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    James,

I attended a 'Cockers P' with all the Saints staff this peeyem. I'm surprised they managed to teach you to read an' rite! They all 'Goe Bak To Skool' tomorrow

The German pub down the road is still picking up zer shcrapnel...love to the Referee - give him a red from me...
    haha if you were at the German Club you didn't perhaps happen to see my dad there? Was it the Saints or the St Peter's teachers?, , , its the Saints ones' who murdered my command of the queens English!!

the ref has a permanent red one - tampon that is
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Schwabinger in Ferndale, Saints alas!!!

Havn't seen your dad for a couple of weeks
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

and so what began as a piece of half-decent prose, a good-faith attempt to communicate and share something of creative value, gets turned by the alchemy of indifference into a clubby little bit of self absorbed irrelevence.

Personally I couldn't give a fuppenny tuck, but were my opinion canvassed I would suggest that the greatest part of postings into this thread are a bit of an insult to the guy that shared his creativity with you, to turn his thread into pages of this mind-numbing tedium. Perhaps it's just me? Perhaps you have to have a shred of your own creativity before you become capable of discerning the line between talking a lot, and actually saying something?

Sorry Marcus. I imagined the Forum would value your piece for its content. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Ghillie View Post
    and so what began as a piece of half-decent prose, a good-faith attempt to communicate and share something of creative value, gets turned by the alchemy of indifference into a clubby little bit of self absorbed irrelevence.

Personally I couldn't give a fuppenny tuck, but were my opinion canvassed I would suggest that the greatest part of postings into this thread are a bit of an insult to the guy that shared his creativity with you, to turn his thread into pages of this mind-numbing tedium. Perhaps it's just me? Perhaps you have to have a shred of your own creativity before you become capable of discerning the line between talking a lot, and actually saying something?

Sorry Marcus. I imagined the Forum would value your piece for its content. Silly me.
    Thanks a lot for a truelly awe inspiring post Wolf

Pity people didnt see it in the same light!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3