Thread: Barbel in Zim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Barbel in Zim

I am off to Zim this week. I will have a single day's fishing and where I will be staying (the Midlands, near Kwekwe) there are only barbel, bream and the like.

The fishing is apparently quite a lot of fun but I need to know how to target these species?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I am off to Zim this week. I will have a single day's fishing and where I will be staying (the Midlands, near Kwekwe) there are only barbel, bream and the like.

The fishing is apparently quite a lot of fun but I need to know how to target these species?

Thanks in advance.
    get hold of Terry Babich at the Fishing Owl....
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Pity you don't have more time - if you can get to the Ngezi dam (stunning!!) there is some awesome bass fishing. Poppers and usual bass flies work well. Dam is between Svishavane and Kweke - a bit off the main Road. Kwekwe I don't know what is there so cannot help much. A boat would be useful but not a must, have caught from the bank off some roks closer to the dam wall.

What have you done to deserve being in Zim at this time of their history? But I can say this, been in Bulawayo in the beginning of the year and had some good fun with Bass in the Matopo Reserve. Small problem about fishing accessable dams in Zim is that the poor local fish these dams to pieces for food, I have seen them taking even the smallest little bream they can hook, and I mean small, 3cm in lenngth is fair game there.

But good luck.