Thread: Belated Introduction

Default Belated Introduction

Although I have made a few posts on this forum, I think maybe I should formally introduce myself. Reason being, I dont really know anyone and nobody knows me. Consequently, I spend a lot of time browsing around flytalk, but I hardly ever participate. I'd like to become more involved as I really feel that this is in invaluable resource for those who enjoy the art of fly fishing. My name is Hugh, I stay in Joburg, I am a full time musician and I spend my days either studying or fishing. I am relatively new to fly fishing and I have only very recently started tying my own flies. I used to do a lot of conventional bass fishing until I found myself at Elgro with a group of friends, one of whom had chosen the venue because of his love for targeting yellows on fly. He showed me the basics and that same weekend I caught my very first yellow. Needless to say, I am now hooked. In fact, the pure satisfaction gained from being able to cast a fly line ensured that I was hooked before I even put a foot in the water.

and a belated welcome to you. you know you gonna find some usefull info here, enjoy.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Yes! welcome,
    there are a few of us that are a little full of sh!t but otherwise we are one big happy family of fly fisher-men/women. Enjoy your stay!
    No PAIN No Gain

Welcome!!! ... I have fished and tied flies for about 40 years!! ... but still learn something new here nearly every day.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Welcome Hughmeister.

Keep those posts comming. The guys on the site are all very helpful. Everybody makes a contribution.

Have fun.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Welcome to the site and a life-long journey of learning and experience!
    If everybody is thinking alike, nobody's thinking - George Patton

Default Also New

Hi all, I am also new to this site and it took me a while to get the hang of it. I do a bit of salt water fly fishing but as there are always time constraints, it is hardly enough. Spent some time down at Sandvlei last week and two weeks before that as well. It looked rather bleak as I saw virtually nothing but a handfull of glassies. Not even a single carp was in sight, did someone poison the place or am I just a bit early.

Regards Gerwyn

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Welcome all you new dudes!

Windknott it's probably a tiny bit early for the carp. A few more days like today and we should be in the business!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline