Thread: Saltwater tying material

Default Saltwater tying material

Hi all

I am new at tying saltwater flies and would like to know what you would deem as the bare necessities with regards to tying material that one would need for tying a few basic flies?

Regards,

Kreef

phew. not so easy. my broad suggestion would be to tie clousers, flippers, silicone and woolhead mullets. so for these, you would need white and chartreuse bucktail. (to start off with) lots of other colours can be used. dumbell eyes to suite hook size. i like to tie on a 2/0 for where i fish. polar fibre or sheeps wool for the mullets, flashabou, and here you can choose a range of different colours, for the flippers, some foam, and a host of permanent markers. i know i've left some stuff out here, but your local tackle guy can fill in the rest of your cheque for you
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

some silicone and/or clear epoxy .... STAINLESS hooks (sharp and barbless) .... superglue
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Talking

Hi Kreef, i would suggest go buy a clouser and a popper or flipper, look how they are tied and then ask the sales guy to supply you with those materials.
    The silicone's leave maybe for later. A clouser and a surface fly like a popper of flipper will do the job in most situations. hooks, dumbell eyes, bucktail,flash and foam for the flippers.

Cheers, what a day in cape town we should be fishing!

Default test

test test test

Quote Originally Posted by kreef View Post
    test test test
    so did we pass??
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]