Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richtersveld Yellows

Hi Kevin,

I've only stayed at Potjies for two days, may adivice would be to fish the tail of the pool below the camp and the margings of the pool. Their is a good spot where you will see a house on the Namibian side below this pool and where the road you will be coming in with split to the right (camp area +- 1.5km) and you can go the left where the house is. The flow of the river was less on the SA side.

It might be advisable to take sinking lines with and strip dark coloured zonkers, woolly buggers, MSP's etc. just to cut through the surface flow. This might save the day. I thing these yellows can hold in very fast water, the challenge is to get the fly down. Water colour might be mere cm.'s, though they still feed.

At De Hoop you will fing a pool opposite the ablution facilities, fish the tail of this pool. Below is a series of rapids which flows into the honey hole. Great spot with plenty of fish. Below this rapids, which flow into a run and then the river creates an arm on the SA side with an island in the middle, here you will get slower water.

Cheers and Enjoy

Attached is an image with 1 the "pool", 2 the honey hole and 3 the area below the hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fish; 08-11-06 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Attach image

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Kevin,

I've only stayed at Potjies for two days, may adivice would be to fish the tail of the pool below the camp and the margings of the pool. Their is a good spot where you will see a house on the Namibian side below this pool and where the road you will be coming in with split to the right (camp area +- 1.5km) and you can go the left where the house is. The flow of the river was less on the SA side.

It might be advisable to take sinking lines with and strip dark coloured zonkers, woolly buggers, MSP's etc. just to cut through the surface flow. This might save the day. I thing these yellows can hold in very fast water, the challenge is to get the fly down. Water colour might be mere cm.'s, though they still feed.

At De Hoop you will fing a pool opposite the ablution facilities, fish the tail of this pool. Below is a series of rapids which flows into the honey hole. Great spot with plenty of fish. Below this rapids, which flow into a run and then the river creates an arm on the SA side with an island in the middle, here you will get slower water.

Cheers and Enjoy

Attached is an image with 1 the "pool", 2 the honey hole and 3 the area below the hole.
    Phillip- thanks alot bru! Will be sure to take note of your pointers!

I like the GE pic, it looks really awsome.

Kev, can you and Darryl do some night photos, I love the night sky out there???
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12