Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Brak - Groot Brak - Mosselbay

Default Little Brak - Groot Brak - Mosselbay

Hi Guys,

I am off to Mosselbay - Little Brak area in December and would like to get info on possible estaury fishing conditions. I have being looking at maps and the rivers there should offer good fishing for sure.

Any that has fished these areas?

Thanks

Flip Snyman

Flip

The best info that I can give you is that Garth Wellman is currently fishing at the Keurbooms and he reports that there are reasonable numbers of Grunter, some Leeries and Elf around.

After last season's floods all the rivers should have well defined channels and Leeries should be a given. The grunter season should also be at its best right about now.

Cheers
    MC

Hi Flip,

Give the guys at Southern Cross Fly Fishers a call, Henkie Altena or John van der Berg www.scff.co.za on their retail page under Fly.Fish. Or give the Fly Shop in Jo burg a call on 011 7063894 and ask Mark or Thalia where you can get a hold of Mark Krige, they might have his number. His very knowledgeable on these estuaries, the guys at SCFF also might have his details.

Cheers

Default Leervis

At Grootbrak you can use your 3 weight, the Leeries their is small...
    Kleinbrak, fish between the N2 Bridge and the mouth. There is a deep channel running at the left side, when looking at the N2 Bridge.

Speek too Henkie he is very helpfull.

All the best.

anyone who is in the area over the holidays i am more than hapy to join you in hunting a big one or 10,give em a shout i have found a awsome spot at glentana beach i will be stalking this holiday

dewald

Hey Dewald

We've got a place in glentana, where is this great spot that you've found?? I know the place like the back of my hand so if you don't mind don't worry about specifics.

Thanks
    Philip

Default December

I'll be there from 21-28 Dec. I'm also new to the area, so we can hook up so to speak, if you like. mark@aloe-drift.com
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

phillip

it is close to groot brak side of the beach,my friend has a house there and if you stand on the stoep you can can see the hole.
    it is very close to were that restaurant was that was on the beach that flushed away in the floods,i dont know how deep that hole is all i know is that it looks awsome and my friend says that you cant swim in it.

if you want to join me over the holidays just phone me im there from saturday onwards

Guys,

I will be in the area from 17 - 31 December. Spoke to Henkie and he was very keen to put me into some good fish. He also remarked about excellent Grunter spots.

Please provide your cell nrs. so I can give you guys a call once I've scouted some areas.

Flip
    "Accept Nothing Nearly Right or Good Enough"

my number is in the previos msg,PLEASE do give me a shout

dewald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast