Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dry fly dressing alternatives

Loon Hydrostop. Suburban had it the last time I was there.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Chris, if you have never used this stuff, it will change your life forever ! Treat flies once in it and they forever repel water and float as a result. A container of the stuff like this costs around R50-R60 but can literally treat hundreds of flies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Chris, if you have never used this stuff, it will change your life forever ! Treat flies once in it and they forever repel water and float as a result. A container of the stuff like this costs around R50-R60 but can literally treat hundreds of flies.

Thanks Shaun, I definitely will give it a try.

I fished with the driza-bone stuff today and I wasn't very impressed at all. It sure keeps the fly floating forever alright, but contrary to what I said in the first posting, it does cake the fly and the hackles stick together. Sorry guys, bad advice. Show's you, one needs to actually fish something before making a recommendation.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I can also thoroughly recommend Loon Hydrostop - as Shaun says, after tying your dry flies dip them in thoroughly-shaken (not stirred) Hydrostop and ideally let them dry overnight - I certainly havn't seen anything better unless there's anything ultra-new on the market?

Wish you high floats!

P.S. I've also found some of the dry stuff white powder in my cabinet - I'd forgotten all about it thanks for reminder MC, otherwise I'd have thought it was left over from late nite party I had with Paris and Britney at my pad last week....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123