Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Oke

Default New Oke

Just want to introduce myself:

My name is Erich and was born in Windy Cape. Just starting to try some Saltwater Fly fishing and Eish, It's lekker but difficult.

Thank you for all the info on the site it helped me a lot. Got more info from this site in one day then 2 months of reading Magazines...

Well hope to see some of you in some estuaries catching some BIIIG Leeris

Welcome Erich, nice to have you here. If us Capies can only organise a Fly Talk outing then we can all meet up....Where in CT are you ? i'm in Somerset West
    Last edited by Pierre; 12-11-07 at 12:27 PM.

Hi Pierre

Thanks, Yes I stay in Kuilsrivier, close to Zenvenwacht. Please let met know when you guys are going to organise a Fly Talk outing. I will gladly join.

My boet and my self were in Hermanus Lagoon Saterday Moring from 05:30 to 19:30 that knigt and got NOTHING, Disapointing, but a lot of chasers...

Want to catch a Leeerie so bad....

Were are you Based...

Hi Erich

I'll let you know. I stay in Somerset West so fish Blakes quite a bit. You are welcome to join me out there some time.

Cheers

Yes Please, will gladly join you...
    For ever Young...

What type of flies do you use @ Blackes and what line do you prefer: sinking or Floating
    For ever Young...

Welcome to FTalk Erich, good to have you with us. Try this http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...ghlight=blakes, and also search "Leeries", There is way too much info on this site. Happy hunting. Catch ya at blakes sometime.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Thanks FishWhisperer -> Hope to see you there some time.
    For ever Young...

Hi Erich.

Im also a newbie here and have learnt alot from the guys on the forum. I live just below Zevenwacght as well and try to go fish as much as I can at the moment.You wont learn much from me though, but if you want we can go try some places together. Dont do saltwater yet as I still need to get the correct kit.

Have fun

Morne

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Hi Erich.

Im also a newbie here and have learnt alot from the guys on the forum. I live just below Zevenwacght as well and try to go fish as much as I can at the moment.You wont learn much from me though, but if you want we can go try some places together. Dont do saltwater yet as I still need to get the correct kit.

Have fun

Morne
    Take your 5# or whatever you have and hit the surf. You'll get broken up once or twice in the beginning but you should get a good few species. I mean look at that mullet on the main page.. That was with a 5#!!!!!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast