Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nelspruit Fanatic

Default Nelspruit Fanatic

Hi,

I moved to Nelspruit 2 weeks ago and I am totally new to the area fishing wise. Does any body know of any body in the area that I can contact for some fishing. I don’t know any spots in the surrounding areas. Or what fish you get to target down here on the fly.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rudolf

howzit Wolfie,

although i'm not sure of specifics, i can tell you that there's quite a bit of fishing in the area. i have done a little bit of fishing in the Lydenberg area, but that was on a private dam. i'm sure the other guys will be able to point you in the right direction

cheers
    Devlin
    the patient mental...

You need to get hold Horst Filter, his the man you need to speak to about fishing in those areas.

There is a trout farm on road the between Hazyview and Graskop, not sure what its called though. Some of the other areas also offer fishing, I think there are a few venues out on the Long Tom Pass road, which is not too far from you.

Also you could go to Sabie, there is a club in Sabie, and they have plenty of water to fish. Unfortunately, I dont have there details, but it shouldn't be to hard to track, since they are the only fishing store in Sabie.

There is excellent fishing for Large and small scale yellows, as well as chisel mouth. Lots of trout and bass around too.

HTH
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Rudolf

Your best bet is to contact Arno Laubscher. I unfortunately don't have his contact numbers, but you can reach him through his website at: http://www.scientificfly.com/index.php

Over the mountain in Lydenburg you have Paul van Vuuren and Gerard du Toit. They run a small tackle shop and can put you into some Trout.

Paul's Cell number is: 0823234405

These guys are all really awesome people and will definitely sort you out.

Cheers
    MC

Thanks everybody.

I will try and get hold of the above metioned people

Rudolf

Also don't forget the Tigers in the Komati River and you are only 1,5 hours away from hundreds of Trout venues around Dullstroom, Lydenburg and Belfast.
    "Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers" - Voltaire 1694 - 1778

And Badplaas-By-Die-See!

The guys to contact in Sabie are Werner & Andrew at Big Sky Outdoors on 013 764 2682. There's some very good fishing of all sorts in that area and the Sabie club is well worth joining.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The guys to contact in Sabie are Werner & Andrew at Big Sky Outdoors on 013 764 2682. There's some very good fishing of all sorts in that area and the Sabie club is well worth joining.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Mr. Barrow!! Nice to see you on the forum...been years since I've seen you. Welcome.

Thanks Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast