Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richtersveld 28 Nov to 02 Dec

Default Richtersveld 28 Nov to 02 Dec

I am going to the Orange river Richtersveld from Wednesday 28 Nov and returning Sunday 02 Dec. Anyone interested in comming along? Families and kids welcome. The river is low and clear, and fishing well.
    If keen, send me a mail.
    (If you think this is an advert, it has been posted with the permission of Philip, and Flytalk will recieve a comission from any paying clients who come as a result of this thread)

I thought you were paying
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

3. Default

The river is fishing well at the moment..... Definitely worthwhile going now!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Wish I could ..... But what are the rates in any case

Quote Originally Posted by NEptuNE View Post
    Wish I could ..... But what are the rates in any case
    Check your PM

I'm planning to 4X4 through there early next year. I'm also intrested in the rates. Do you need any special permit or something to fish there?

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I'm planning to 4X4 through there early next year. I'm also intrested in the rates. Do you need any special permit or something to fish there?
    Hi CJ, Yes you do need to get a permit, but you can get this at the gate on entry. Entry to the park is free if you are a wild card holder , and daily camping rates do apply. see www.sanparks.org The 4x4 route is interesting although not at all challenging. Most roads and tracks dont even require a 4x4, but a 4x2 with diff lock and good clearance is an advantage. They do not allow sedan cars, motorcycles, quads, generatiors into the park. Some of the tracks along the river bed are quite rutted with very soft sand, and if you plan to do these, 4x4 will definatly be required.
    Going to the Richterveld anytime after December is always risky due to two factors, firstly the heat, it can get mind numbingly hot, much of the time around 45 degrees. Also the river flow rates are difficult to anticipate due to the rainy season up country. The river rafting guys start to advertise their trips from January in anticipation of stronger flows. The Orange always fishes better when it is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi CJ, Yes you do need to get a permit, but you can get this at the gate on entry. Entry to the park is free if you are a wild card holder , and daily camping rates do apply. see www.sanparks.org The 4x4 route is interesting although not at all challenging. Most roads and tracks dont even require a 4x4, but a 4x2 with diff lock and good clearance is an advantage. They do not allow sedan cars, motorcycles, quads, generatiors into the park. Some of the tracks along the river bed are quite rutted with very soft sand, and if you plan to do these, 4x4 will definatly be required.
    Going to the Richterveld anytime after December is always risky due to two factors, firstly the heat, it can get mind numbingly hot, much of the time around 45 degrees. Also the river flow rates are difficult to anticipate due to the rainy season up country. The river rafting guys start to advertise their trips from January in anticipation of stronger flows. The Orange always fishes better when it is low.
    Thanks for that Andre. So it seems like a better idea to plan a trip just before December. I would like to go but I will be in Amsterdam that time. Maybe next year.

Well, I am also keen to go sometime mid to late Jan, as my boys will still be on holiday, and there are a few guys I know who will be keen for an impromptu trip. We can watch the weather etc, and decide on fairly short notice . If that suits you, we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Well, I am also keen to go sometime mid to late Jan, as my boys will still be on holiday, and there are a few guys I know who will be keen for an impromptu trip. We can watch the weather etc, and decide on fairly short notice . If that suits you, we go.
    Good, I'll speak to Swambo and let you know.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast