Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: rotary fly dryer

Default rotary fly dryer

Hi Guys
    I have a friend who bought quite a few of these rotisserie motors. I took one from him and stuck a pencil in the slot and cut a round disc from foam and use it to dry epoxied flies etc. It works a treat for me and he is selling them for R50.00 ea. Anyone interested? You can always use it to braai a chicken.
    pm me
    Cheers
    Last edited by rols; 07-07-08 at 02:15 PM.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi Guys
    I have a friend who bought quite a few of these rotisserie motors. I took one from him and stuck a pencil in the slot and cut a round disc from foam and use it to dry epoxied flies etc. It works a treat for me and he is selling them for R50.00 ea. Anyone interested? You can always use it to braai a chicken.
    pm me
    Cheers
    Hi Rols,

Are they battery or mains driven ?

Thanks,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

sorry, i should have included that. It's battery operated. One big torch battery and goes for a long long time. It's about 4 revolutions per minute.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

I have one (thanks to Rols) .. it works a treat!! (haven't tried it on braaing a chicken yet though!)
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

You could use it for rod building as well - nice one rols
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

I'll take one Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    I'll take one Roland
    I'm going to fetch your feathers today and will bring the motor with when in your side of the woods.

8. Default

Hi Guys
    pm me
    Cheers
    How noisy are they?? Important for me.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    How noisy are they?? Important for me.
    not noisy at all. There is a slight motor sound but you can move it around to wherever you want. It's 135mm long excluding the extension and foam bit.

10. Default

not noisy at all. There is a slight motor sound but you can move it around to wherever you want. It's 135mm long excluding the extension and foam bit.
    How do I pay? I would really want one if there are still available please!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast