Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 Top Dry flies for Cape streams

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    If you guys want to have a look at a seriously good fly tying forum, take a gander at this one run by Dennis Shaw:

http://www.ukflydressing.proboards83.com/index.cgi

You will need to register to view the step by step section but it is well worth it. It is a magnitude of tying techniques and patterns that have helped improve my tying a lot in the last six months. Must be the best resource for fly tying on the internet. (Andre this is the one I was telling you and Leonard about last week - have a good look at this one!). There's one or two step by steps by yours truely on there, and a couple from Liam too.
    Thank you for your kind words, it is a young forum but it's getting there, like a good wine it's maturing with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, it is a young forum but it's getting there, like a good wine it's maturing with age.
    it sure is a great site and i have found some awesome tips there. thanks tango.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Sorry Tango - I seem to have given all the Credit to Scotfly and none to yourself. Apologies for that!

Hope you enjoy our site even a fraction of the amount we enjoy yours...
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I registered there a week or so ago ... a really great site ... and then .. look what arrived in my mail ....

"Hi Jasper
    Tango here form Ukflydressing, as our 500th member you have won a dozen flies of your choice.
    Please email me with your address and preference of stillwater or river flies.
    Regards
    Paul (Tango)"

I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I registered there a week or so ago ... a really great site ... and then .. look what arrived in my mail ....

"Hi Jasper
    Tango here form Ukflydressing, as our 500th member you have won a dozen flies of your choice.
    Please email me with your address and preference of stillwater or river flies.
    Regards
    Paul (Tango)"

my flies arrived yesterday!!! ... an assortment of 30 immaculately tied dries & nymphs!!

THANK YOU Tango!! .... and I look forward to posting some photos of fish caught on them!!!
    Last edited by Jasper; 05-04-08 at 10:12 AM.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.

My pleasure

May they catch you many fish.

P.S. I don't know about the "immaculately tied" bit though.

My pleasure

May they catch you many fish.

P.S. I don't know about the "immaculately tied" bit though.
    don't be so modest Paul!! ... they are all great!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123