Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fishing today

Quote Originally Posted by Deneys View Post
    Rols you have got it made both you and the wife love fishing whats the secret?
    she's my best buddie and we prefer each others company. lucky she enjoys the same things i do. she's a fishing shop owners dream as i walk in to buy 1 packet of hooks and i walk out with all things nice.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    she's my best buddie and we prefer each others company. lucky she enjoys the same things i do. she's a fishing shop owners dream as i walk in to buy 1 packet of hooks and i walk out with all things nice.
    That's admirable Roland. How about we get her on the stream sometime? I think I'd quite enjoy seeing her whip your @rse! Then again, she'll probably whip mine too!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    That's admirable Roland. How about we get her on the stream sometime? I think I'd quite enjoy seeing her whip your @rse! Then again, she'll probably whip mine too!
    she's actually very keen. she wants to do 2 more sa's, then concentrate on fly fishing.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

she's actually very keen. she wants to do 2 more sa's, then concentrate on fly fishing.
    Whenever she is ready, give me a shout. I still owe you a day on the streams and it would be great if she joins us
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

geez it was so hard having to pass on the beer. thanks for the offer. in hindsight though, i should had the beer as i never got any more fish. i've just seen my wife and daughter off as they travel to hartenbos for the junior sa's for the carp club. not nice having to say cheers and knowing there's a long drive ahead. anyway, hope she does well and has a ball.
    enjoy your fishing today.
    cheers

So are you splashing in the streams today rols as you are all alone or has she got you house bound working on the house
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

We need to get a ladies Provincial team going. Perhaps she can head it up .

guys
    sorry i missed this, and only saw it now. Debbie comes back next saturday and i will speak to her. chris will love a shot on the streams with you but you scare me after reading your post to korrie about keeping up with you. we are the same age, but i unfortunately, have been tempted with the ale rather than the water, so if you can slow down the pace, i could be a good test for your patience as a guide. after the fifth time you wrench the rod out of my hands...saying ....cast the F.....g fly there, there, there, not there..., you will get a certificate. love to go with you, give me a shout.

guys
    after the fifth time you wrench the rod out of my hands...saying ....cast the F.....g fly there, there, there, not there..., you will get a certificate. love to go with you, give me a shout.
    hahahaha......you are hilarious!

when I am guiding, it is a different story boet, I'll go as slow as necessary on the day.

My usual fishing style also covers all the water, but I never go more than two drifts over any one particular pocket or glide, unless of course I get a refusal. This keeps me on the go, flicking here, flicking there...moving, flick, pick-up, release.....move, flick, flick,... move....and so I go.

Anyway, catch you later. I'm off to get some early morning Elf. Seasons open at last! Cheers!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 02-12-07 at 04:18 AM.

Hi to all the Capies

How much does it cost to book a beat I mean all the hidden costs ?

Lets just say Iv just arrived from the airport and now at the hotel what
    now ?
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Quote Originally Posted by Deneys View Post
    Hi to all the Capies

How much does it cost to book a beat I mean all the hidden costs ?

Lets just say Iv just arrived from the airport and now at the hotel what
    now ?
    Hi Deneys (this applies to the streams run by cps)

I am sure i will be corrected if its wrong......

You must be a member of the CPS then your yearly fee covers your trips to there waters both still and stream membership runs Sep-jun/july? R+-R500

If you are not a member it cost R130, R100 cps, R30 Cape conservation, you must fish with a member i think......http://www.piscator.co.za/firstpage.html
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast