Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: What sets good Czech nymphers aside?

I think you need one of Karel's books, have a couple left.
    let me know if I must reserve one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    I think you need one of Karel's books, have a couple left.
    let me know if I must reserve one for you.
    what did you say you sell it for Korrie, is this one with or without CD?
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    what did you say you sell it for Korrie, is this one with or without CD?
    R240.00 including postage.
    This is the second edition, so there is some improvements and additions from the first edition that have been worked in.
    This is an absolute bargain. They all have been signed by the author as well.
    (that is free of charge

R240.00 including postage.
    This is the second edition, so there is some improvements and additions from the first edition that have been worked in.
    This is an absolute bargain. They all have been signed by the author as well.
    (that is free of charge
    PS without the CD

Pieter, as a 'neutral' I'd highly recommend you go for it! The CD was a good cure for insomnia anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Pieter, as a 'neutral' I'd highly recommend you go for it! The CD was a good cure for insomnia anyway!
    probably must, have the old version e-book and cd on my pc, but maybe the actual book is better
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    probably must, have the old version e-book and cd on my pc, but maybe the actual book is better
    I have a couple of books, cd's and dvd's about fishing.
    I even bought "TROUT" by Ernst Swiebert for my collection the otherday.
    Must say there is just something about having books stacked in the bookshelf, all various sizes (thick thin small big) and different colors, that looks so much nicer than a couple of cd's and dvd's that are lined in a cd holder. I think that half of the ambience in my flytying section will be gone if I take away the books and magazines.

Must say there is just something about having books stacked in the bookshelf, all various sizes (thick thin small big) and different colors, that looks so much nicer than a couple of cd's and dvd's that are lined in a cd holder. I think that half of the ambience in my flytying section will be gone if I take away the books and magazines.
    I absolutely agree. I love books and have built up quite a collection over the years. Some of my best moments off the stream have been sniffing around 2nd hand book shopes in search of old fishing books.....any fishing books, not just fly fishing. I have also managed to find a few of the real rarities to add to my collection as well, and finding these was always like striking gold.

You were very lucky to find Swiebert's 'Trout' Korrie, that is like hens teeth!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I absolutely agree. I love books and have built up quite a collection over the years. Some of my best moments off the stream have been sniffing around 2nd hand book shopes in search of old fishing books.....any fishing books, not just fly fishing. I have also managed to find a few of the real rarities to add to my collection as well, and finding these was always like striking gold.

You were very lucky to find Swiebert's 'Trout' Korrie, that is like hens teeth!

saw one on e-bay for about R600 less than what i paid for mine
    Check it out, might still be available
    check it for you, its gone, but every now and again there is one on e-bay
    Now have Trout and Nymphs by Scwiebert.
    If i look at those to books not sure how he managed to get time to fish as well.
    Apparently a new edition will be coming out of Trout, with some extra work that he did. His son is responsible for the new edition with the previously unpublished work.
    Might be worth keeping an eye open for it.

For me it is just opening the books and magazines.
    They all have different scents, smells and aromas. Each one has a different weight, a different feel to the paper when you slide your hand over the pages to turn over another page.
    Just not the same when you pop another cd into the laptop and hit Pg Up continously. Maybe it is a generation thing. Maybe if I was 16 or 18 the sound of the cd drive kicking in, and the click click of the keyboard will give me a goose pimples

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast