Thread: Suggested streams near Cape Town

Default Suggested streams near Cape Town

Hey Guys,

This topic has probably already been covered in one of the pervious forums; however i'm having difficulty find the posts.

I'm heading down to the Cape Town end December and would really love to get some stream trout fishing done. What would you guys recommend i have a look at? or does one have to book some time in advance to fish the streams and rivers in the area?

Thanks

Well you have some various options! You could fish the Smaalblaar,Elandspad,Witte or Hosloot! If you keen for still water trout action there is also Lakensvlei!

I reckon go check out www.piscator.co.za that should answer most of your questions(if you looking to fish for trout)!

Hope that helps!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

You'll need to book, Elandspad and Smalblaar will be your best bets.

More info here and you can get the contact details off here too:
    http://www.piscator.co.za/
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Well you have some various options! You could fish the Smaalblaar,Elandspad,Witte or Hosloot! If you keen for still water trout action there is also Lakensvlei!

I reckon go check out www.piscator.co.za that should answer most of your questions(if you looking to fish for trout)!

Hope that helps!
    You too quick!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

lol, Thanks Guys will have a look.

Hey Reinier, I take it this means you won't be at Sterkies for the 30th Dec.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

sh!t.... , i totally forgot to tell you...Sorry Herman, Sterkies would have definitely been on the cards however i did not hear from the other guys and well to go on my own the day before new years wasn't really what i wanted to do. Really sorry i didn't give you sooner notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinier View Post
    sh!t.... , i totally forgot to tell you...Sorry Herman, Sterkies would have definitely been on the cards however i did not hear from the other guys and well to go on my own the day before new years wasn't really what i wanted to do. Really sorry i didn't give you sooner notice.

that's a mooorse straaaf doooop ( sorry it sounds beter in afrikaans )

sorry reinier I had to

Quote Originally Posted by Reinier View Post
    No sweat Reinier, the guide is booked anyway.

However it's not one MOERSE strafdop, but TWO, of my own mixture of course.

Vaal 5 will happen before Orange/Vaal 1 at the rate the Kaaapies are going,

Be afraid, very afraid Boet.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659