Thread: WC Streams report back

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Anybody have an idea what the water levels on the streams are like?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

JustinM
    I'm sure that these laws exist, however whether it is practiced is another thing. CPS has an agreement with the Hotel that water should be filtered before it is returned to the stream. In my opinion this agreement was only implemented for the first year, thereafter the operators neglected to do so. As a result we are stuck the same situation year after year. I don't know about anybody else but I hate fishing in murky water especially if it was clean previously.
    Last edited by shector; 05-11-12 at 09:12 AM.

Hi Stan, we fished SB yesterday and the water was absolutely perfect. Nice and cool and a good flow, nothing too strong or anything. Millions of insects on the water and fish launching themselves at times.Was a cracker.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

My PB stream Rainbow I got yesterday. Sorry if you've already seen the pics.Rainbow_Nov_12D.jpgRainbow_Nov_12.jpgRainbow_Nov_12B.jpgRainbow_Nov_12C.jpg
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

shector - perhaps drop the Hotel a letter pointing out the discoloured water and inform them that any further waste water will be reported to the CPS and/or other appropriate authorities. If no-one complains it won't be considered an issue.

Rols - lovely fish, well done!
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    My PB stream Rainbow I got yesterday. Sorry if you've already seen the pics.Rainbow_Nov_12D.jpgRainbow_Nov_12.jpgRainbow_Nov_12B.jpgRainbow_Nov_12C.jpg
    Wow thats a great fish..that must be the largest rainbow of the season! Well done catching fish like that isn't easy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I think you're allowed to brag as much as you like!! Great catch. Looks like the streams are in balance.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Blog Entries

Stunning fish rols! That's an awesome achievement!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Thanks everyone. The water is perfect at the moment. Not long before they get "finiky" again. I was a nervous wreck till it was in the net bryce.

Nice fish Oom, Clark would be jealous!
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 349 of 437 FirstFirst ... 249299339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359399 ... LastLast