Page 1 of 437 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Streams report back

Default WC Streams report back

Hi all

Thought it might be a lekker idea to have a thread where we collectively report back on our weekend WC stream fishing adventures.

I am finally getting off my butt to go and fish the streams tomorrow(Holsloot 3).Would be great to read all your stories on Monday!

Cheers
    Andrew

Andrew, what time are you planning on being there? I'm fishing Hollies 4
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Hi Rudolph

Well let's just say at this time I am not sure.Got our office Christmas party now and then afterwards a braai with my babe's family(they can be quite festive).So probably not dawn's crack more than likely a 9am start.Doesn't worry me with the Holsloot as the water does not warm up that much in the day.

OK off to the party now.If I don't see you out there then chat on Monday.

See you boys there. Im fishing Hollies 5 on Saturday, staying over at Quaggaskloof and then fishing SB 2 & 3 on Sunday.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Oh ya, just reminded myself. As we have SB 2 & 3 booked for Sunday we dont mind if another group fishes 3 while we fish 2 and then we can rotate. Well be fishing a couple of hours behind each other so I dont think the fish will be affected by the time the second group comes through. Just let me know if your in.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    I'm fishing Hollies 4
    Nice long beat with big pools! Has nice shelter too. You should get some nice fish there.

Looking forward to it. Last time I was out on beat 5 with Chris Swanepoel. The guys on beat 4 got 1 fish between them and we landed 9. Hopefully tomorrow would look better
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Looking forward to it. Last time I was out on beat 5 with Chris Swanepoel. The guys on beat 4 got 1 fish between them and we landed 9. Hopefully tomorrow would look better
    Hi Renier

I am a Vaalie, and I managed 12 on Holsloot beat 4 before the Nationals held in the WC, I am dead sure you should be fine.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

The Holsloot is fishing lekke now, I'm sure you'll catch your fair share of trout.

Saweet! John and I are on Hollies 6 tomorrow so we should see at least Maddy and possibly Rudolph and Andrew on the way up. Enjoy it guys!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 1 of 437 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast