Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sandvlei

Default fishing tuesday 20 dec

hey pierre
    i'm quite new at this forum thing, so i hope this is where i must do my thing. we met at the beach on tuesday 21 dec. mid morning (you and i had fished an outing previously). what a nice end to a fishless day. we tried hard, the waves moered (sp) us & we ended up talking on the beach afterwards, renier, you, julienne, and me and for the life of me the fifth guy who i lent my basket to (sorry forgot your name). coming back to what "gallen" was saying about getting together and fishing with some buddies. renier and i were saying on the way home>> what a a lekka day we had. came to fish, met some great guys, went for a beer together and spoke for hours afterwards. my point being, that just coming over and saying "hi" and not oh "****" here come some more, can turn out to be a helluva nice day. pierre if we never had to pick up kids we would have had a "sit vas" evening. thank you and julienne for making the trip a jol. i must appologise to gallan, i thought you were taking the piss out of me by asking where blakes was, thats why i did'nt reply,
    but your article about getting people to fish together and meet has a lot of merit
    cheers
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    hey pierre
    i'm quite new at this forum thing, so i hope this is where i must do my thing. we met at the beach on tuesday 21 dec. mid morning (you and i had fished an outing previously). what a nice end to a fishless day. we tried hard, the waves moered (sp) us & we ended up talking on the beach afterwards, renier, you, julienne, and me and for the life of me the fifth guy who i lent my basket to (sorry forgot your name). coming back to what "gallen" was saying about getting together and fishing with some buddies. renier and i were saying on the way home>> what a a lekka day we had. came to fish, met some great guys, went for a beer together and spoke for hours afterwards. my point being, that just coming over and saying "hi" and not oh "****" here come some more, can turn out to be a helluva nice day. pierre if we never had to pick up kids we would have had a "sit vas" evening. thank you and julienne for making the trip a jol. i must appologise to gallan, i thought you were taking the piss out of me by asking where blakes was, thats why i did'nt reply,
    but your article about getting people to fish together and meet has a lot of merit
    cheers
    roland
    Hi Roland

Nice to hear from you. Yes i must say i really enjoyed the day. The company was great. Was lekker fishing with you again and the beers ended the day of on a perfect note. Glad I met Renier. I heard that name from Philip a few times. Nice to put a face to a name. Strange, such a small world this. Renier having been in primary school with my wife. She thinks there are some photos of him floating around here. Just have to find e'm, think we should post it on Fly Talk ? We should get together again, next venue ? I'll organise a braai sometime, get you and Renier over, also Philip. Philip is in Struisbaai at the moment. If you guys are up to it we can drive through for the day. Philip said he will be fishing that area from De Mond to Struisbaai, sure he can get us into some fish. Let me know i am keen to go that way again.

cheers

no prob rols - im still such a newbie I don't know where 90% of the spots are

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5