Thread: Lotheni

Default Lotheni

Hey, well finally got it together to get on the site properly

Always loved fishing for trout at Lotheni in the Berg. Going there in eraly December. Was wondering if anyone has been recently, and what the fishing was like?

Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidee View Post
    Hey, well finally got it together to get on the site properly

Always loved fishing for trout at Lotheni in the Berg. Going there in eraly December. Was wondering if anyone has been recently, and what the fishing was like?

Later.
    Welcome boet, hehe finally on here eh! Ja it's a bit quiet on here today. dunno where all the okes aree, fishing mayb..the weather's K@K!!! here in KZN. Havent been to Lotheni for about 3 years..and i havent fished it ever. sorry boet.

Welcome to the site Squidee, nice to have you here. Paul yep i think the guys are out fishing. South easter is pumping here in CT. Fishing Blakes beach in Strand tomorrow, with Juan du Plessis ( Bokoms ) and Philip Meyer (Fish). Wind is turning fresh southerly here so should be better tomorrow. Going to fish the reefs. Hope to get some decent Leeries and make a cast at the odd shark.. heheh. I see you guys are having heavy rains up there. 32c here tomorrow. Already have my drink in the freezer for out there on the reefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Welcome to the site Squidee, nice to have you here. Paul yep i think the guys are out fishing. South easter is pumping here in CT. Fishing Blakes beach in Strand tomorrow, with Juan du Plessis ( Bokoms ) and Philip Meyer (Fish). Wind is turning fresh southerly here so should be better tomorrow. Going to fish the reefs. Hope to get some decent Leeries and make a cast at the odd shark.. heheh. I see you guys are having heavy rains up there. 32c here tomorrow. Already have my drink in the freezer for out there on the reefs.
    Damn unfair! It's been k@k here for over a month now with one or two sunny days..like once every 2 weeks. Shocking! Enjoy the fishing tomorrow, i'm envious!! Tight lines!

Yep. was out fishing. Isn't that what saturdays are for?

Welcome Squidee. Are you related to Paul's famous phly? Still waiting for the pattern. I was targeting Smalmouth bass today so I would have liked to give it a try. Was lekker though. SM Bass are such a Jol!

Lotheni? Been there once when I was a laaitie. It'd be great if you gave us an update of the place after you have returned from you trip.

Cheers
    G.

Hmmm. I guess I should have gone to the main flytalk page before here. Seems like the squidy is already there...

Cheers man!

Guys i found an article with info on Lotheni but is there anybody else who can help with reagrds to this venue?

Thanks!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho