Thread: North of Milnerton?

Default North of Milnerton?

Hey guys,

I am off to Cape Town for a week and will be staying at a loge that overlooks some rocks and what looks to be a tidal sand bank. (Viewed on google earth.) The bay is called Skulp bay. It is just south of Groot bay.

Just wanted to ask if there is anybody with some experience of said bay and if there is anything i should know other than the norm?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Hey guys,

I am off to Cape Town for a week and will be staying at a loge that overlooks some rocks and what looks to be a tidal sand bank. (Viewed on google earth.) The bay is called Skulp bay. It is just south of Groot bay.

Just wanted to ask if there is anybody with some experience of said bay and if there is anything i should know other than the norm?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian

I suggest you forget about fishing and rather just enjoy the view, the chicks and a bit of body boarding, but if it is fishing you are after, you would do better driving around and prospecting at some of the more popular fishing spots nearby. Be on the lookout for local anglers.......one need never look too far. One other thing, unless you plan on heading out to Langebaan for a day, or the Strand, or maybe even the kloofs, you can maar leave your fly rod at home, you wont be putting it to much use at Skulp Baai

Enjoy!

Regards
    Chris
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Thanks Chris

It relly helps to get a heads up! I have two days where i wont be tied down with work.

I will probably take a drive up to Langebaan for the day. You guys have mentioned it quite a few times on the forum, so I am keen to see what all the fuss is about .

Will spend the other day off taking in the Sights .

Thanks again
    Adrian