Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bucktail - Cheap

Wiets Banned User

Default Bucktail - Cheap

I am about to order 750 Northern Whitetail bucktails from the US destined for Tibet. I can order more and divert some to South Africa. Providing the quantity is large enough, the estimated landed cost will be between R24-00 to R30-00 per bucktail. The going price for bucktails in the shops are between R55-00 and R70-00 per bucktail (that's if they have stock).

I have ordered some of this bucktail before and gave some of it away as freebies. You can contact these members and ask them about the bucktails - dpammenter, dizzy, pieterkriel, dlampert, nkula_nkula, FishWhisperer and chris williams.

This bucktail is natural white/brown coloured bucktail and the bucktails vary from 10" to 13" in length. The bucktails have been deboned, defleshed, dried, salted and Borax treated. I will ensure that all fatty tissue is removed, properly washed, dried and salted once it arrives. It is easy to dye the bucktails to your desired colour using RIT dyes - liquid or powder.

Payment is required when I place the order with the US supplier which will be in about 5 days from now. If there is insufficient interest, regrettably, this then cannot be done. About 100 bucktails are required to make this viable and at the above prices.

The goods will be made available for collection at;
    Isando, Johannesburg,
    Northriding, Johannesburg,
    Centurion, Pretoria,
    Killarney Gardens, Cape Town.

The bucktails can be mailed to members residing outside these areas - the actual
    mail expense will be for your account (still cheaper than driving to the flyshop).

If you want me to include some bucktails for you, list your name and quantity required here.

Check your PM!
    :-P

Wiets - I'll take 2, if the order goes through please revert with payment details. Thanks

Hey Wiets - 5 for me please. Once confirmed let me have payment details, please.

Cheers
    Alan
    Born to fish, forced to work

Good stuff, Wiets, I must try out your dyes you recommend on the bucktail. I've used various brands but not the one you mention. I'm looking for a subtle golden olive colour to imitate small kurper and bass backs for Thunder Creek type fry imitations.

Byron, you can also use your pair of bucktail as mufflers over your ears under your baseball cap when fishing mid-winter at Sterkies.. you going fishing this weekend? Sunday maybe? With low presh and cold weather the fish at the Saints dam seem to be in their duvets this morning..

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Good stuff, Wiets, I must try out your dyes you recommend on the bucktail. I've used various brands but not the one you mention. I'm looking for a subtle golden olive colour to imitate small kurper and bass backs for Thunder Creek type fry imitations.

Byron, you can also use your pair of bucktail as mufflers over your ears under your baseball cap when fishing mid-winter at Sterkies.. you going fishing this weekend? Sunday maybe? With low presh and cold weather the fish at the Saints dam seem to be in their duvets this morning..
    Yeah I'm still keen to, but still haven't decided where I want to fish. Just been too busy at work to give it enough thought - I know it's a sin.

Hi Wiets

I will take 2 if the deal goes ahead , please pm me banking details if the order will be placed

Thanks

Adrian

Default to bucktail or not to bucktail

2 for me, if this ship gets to sail send banking details.

Cheers.

Hi Wiets, I'll take 5 white ones pls
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Wiets Banned User

Orders to date;

MyWorld - 2 ???
    croozer - 4
    garyb - 10
    Byron - 2
    bluegill - 5
    Adrian - 2
    draadkar - 2
    Rols - 5

Total = 32 bucktails

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.