Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Groot River - Mount Cedar

Default Groot River - Mount Cedar

Hi Philip

Thanks for the report on the Groot river. It looks like a wonderful place. I've kinda got a bit of a SM bass bug at the moment so I'm super keen to try it out sometime and the chance of a Clanwilliam Yellow makes it even more appealing.

I went to their site and the rates seem really good if I've interpreted them right. They quote R350 per night and it looks like it's per chalet (sleeps 4). Do you know if that's correct or is it supposed to be per person?

I also wanted to check what the road access is like. Any chance of normal cars making it there?

Cheers
    Grant.

Grant we went their already very nice. The price is quoted per chalet, you can access it by sedan depending of the condition of the road. We managed fine with the station wagon.

Hi Grant,

Mount Ceder is really one of those places where your expectations are exceeded by a mile.

It is easily accessible by an ordinary sedan type car. The gravel road was well maintained. The accommodation is also really comfortable and clean, they have different options like Klibbokkop more expensive and luxurious.

The fishing should be great under the right conditions, lots of structure and pristine water. There is also a restaurant, can be the basics and wood in a little shop area. The guy I dealt with name is Thomas. Relaxing and beautiful surroundings that will appeal to the SWAMBO's.

I can highly recommend the spot. (Mount Ceder don't even know I did a report on their spot, totally objective.)

Cheers

Philip

Yes, Grant go for the fancy chalet it has a jacuzzi, the girlfirend would be happy ...... he he he

Hey Grant, I've got a Landy so no probs with the road....maybe we should organise a weekend away up there and you can school me on the finer points of this whole Cape Fishing story....
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

When are we going chaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    When are we going chaps?
    Call it Flytalk Holiday 2. Depends on the date, but I would definitely be interested. Does SWAMBO's get to come with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    When are we going chaps?
    Tell you what Kev, you organise the booze, I'll bring the Landy, Grant can bring his fishing "skills" and we'll make it a date!!!

Perhaps we should all meet eachother first......just in case we don't sorta get along!!!

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Cape fishing skills???

Remember I am also recently imported from durban and kevin always catches more fish than me.

Oh ja - I can't bring braai-ing skills either but my swambo is a masseuse.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Cape fishing skills???

Remember I am also recently imported from durban and kevin always catches more fish than me.

Oh ja - I can't bring braai-ing skills either but my swambo is a masseuse.
    Well if the Swambo is a masseuse, well that should be alright I guess.....
    You been fishing here longer than me, so you have more "Cape Skillz" than me so......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast