Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help Boat Name Round 2

Never got the point of a RIB. You lose the convenience of a pure inflatable and the pontoons take up a lot of space which kind of messes up the purpose of a rigid hull type.

Anyhow, seeing as it's the blow up type, how about "Pomp & Jive"?

I'm with Kev on this... bugger the name man, if you need a ghillie, you know where to look....
    Pretty lookin ride Damage....

I reckon Damage Control would be a goodie... or seeing as you are wanting to hunt Yellwtail, how about Tail Chaser??

Then again, if you had Kev Cox on board at somepoint, with his Pradas, the Snoke fisherman out there might take you for a different kind of "Tail Chaser" and brain you with Snoek and Chokka Dollies!!!!!!

Ok - Sorry Kev, thats the last dig I take at you and your Pradas and Pink Tie.... So for the last time...harden the f*ck up ok?!?!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Blaas-op !

Quote Originally Posted by Lardbeast View Post
    Never got the point of a RIB. You lose the convenience of a pure inflatable and the pontoons take up a lot of space which kind of messes up the purpose of a rigid hull type.

Anyhow, seeing as it's the blow up type, how about "Pomp & Jive"?
    Lardo - there are other benefits with RIBs. They are lighter than a full fiberglass vessel. They can also carry more people than a fully rigid vessel of the same size, making them ideal for moving groups of divers and spearfishermen around. they make great rescue craft as it's easier to bail in and out of them. Personally I prefer them in the surf to a fully rigid vessel - but that's my preference.

More people? Maybe so but crammed up like sards as your internal space is compromised by the pontoon. Also require more TLC and maintenance than your average rigid. They are more stable for boarding, I'll give you that...

Reckon my hangup comes from the deep seated loathing I have for 98% of the plonkers who drive them around dams at high speed while pissed as coots.

Do these things come with outriggers to accommodate unbalanced peoples like Herman?

Default Rib vs solid

Well guys im sure that we can make a plan on the ghillie/fishing buddys front
    Its no fun lashing tail on your own (well maybe it is ) but is much better with company !!!

On the inflatable vs solid hull

I grew up with "semi rigids " from my lifesaving days on the south coast
    so I lean towards what I know

also I spear fish and scuba dive so being able to get back into the boat at pace has merit specialy with the " Big grey old men "around in false bay !!

Im still set on Double haul for now

/d
    Last edited by damage; 25-01-08 at 11:38 PM.
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Im still set on Double haul for now

/d
    Yeah I like it too
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Hi Damage

I own a sign shop in Pretoria and we do a lot of boat stickers, names and registration numbers, etc.

The problem with your boat is that there isnt really alot of space to work with so whatever you are going to do it is probably going to be no bigger than a meter max in length.

I think there is a site called www.boatnames.com that you can go and have a look at.

Here is what I suggest... Badprop, Vatigati, Big Buoy,Jou Ma!, Staying A Float, Not 4 Sail, Lone Rider, Not-A-Cat, Naut-On-Call, Off Duty, Tequila Sunrise, Marlin Teazer, Eat My Wake, Out On Call, Vitamin C, Fly on Over, Who's ur Daddy, Vat so!, Gotcha, etc,etc.

If you want some more samples or even a design pop me a PM or e-mail with the photo of your boat and I will gladly assist you in doing a mock-up at no cost whatsoever!

*** Bless

Double Haul it is !!
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast