Thread: Black Umfolzi

Default Black Umfolzi

I've booked a 5 day trip to Thangami Spar over December which happens to be on the Black Umfolozi.

Naturally I would like to get some fishing in.

If anyone has experience fishing this river, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Huck

How far up the river is this place? I know the mouth area can offer some fantastic fishing..... Great spotties, perch, skippies and big Kob!!! Last time I was up there ( 15 odd years ago!! ) My old man got a nice 27 kilo kob on conventional at aroubnd midnight on spring low at the mouth.....
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

tangahmi is about 400Km inland to answer your question, just outside Vreyheid

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    tangahmi is about 400Km inland to answer your question, just outside Vreyheid
    Oh...... I guess I was a bit off then hey

Sorry I can'tr help you with that area....
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson