Thread: Forbidden Topic

Default Forbidden Topic

I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    hulle soek vir k@k!!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I tried to curb it or at least make sure the okes are aware of the pressure that a public announcement of the fishing there can create..... but we can't stop people fishing there guys...
    And as much of a shock as it may be to some, people have been catching BIG leeries at Zandvlei loooooooong before our dear Mr Smith nailed his monster last year.....
    We can't keep it a secret forever.... I think its best we just make sure that if anyone is gonna fish there, that we try to educate them on C&R as much as possible....
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    I tried to curb it or at least make sure the okes are aware of the pressure that a public announcement of the fishing there can create..... but we can't stop people fishing there guys...
    And as much of a shock as it may be to some, people have been catching BIG leeries at Zandvlei loooooooong before our dear Mr Smith nailed his monster last year.....
    We can't keep it a secret forever.... I think its best we just make sure that if anyone is gonna fish there, that we try to educate them on C&R as much as possible....
    I agree with you Andre. Education is the way to go. I wouldn't be too concerned either though, because most guys wont perservere long enough to work the place out anyway. The guys that do will become every bit as protective of the place as we are after putting in the hours and footwork and eventually reaping the rewards. It is by no means easy fishing, there is a definite pattern to the place, and that is what we will continue to keep a secret.

My 2c
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    I agree 100% .. and the article stresses the importance of C&R ... no point in HIDING info about these fish - it will only make the place more attractive!!! .. rather educate!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS