Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durban Harbour

Question Durban Harbour

hi all,

i've read a few articles regarding fishing at Durban Harbour - especially at night. i'm going to be in durban over Christmas and was wondering if i should give it a go?

thanks
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    hi all,

i've read a few articles regarding fishing at Durban Harbour - especially at night. i'm going to be in durban over Christmas and was wondering if i should give it a go?

thanks
    Go for it, just watch out for the johnnys at night and crime.

that's my only real concern - surprising!?
    the patient mental...

I have done a lot of fishing from a boat in the harbour and caught loads of fish but i know you can fish the banks during low time just never tried cause worried about the crime aspect! But Devlin if there are two of us then it should be fine
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I have done a lot of fishing from a boat in the harbour and caught loads of fish but i know you can fish the banks during low time just never tried cause worried about the crime aspect! But Devlin if there are two of us then it should be fine
    cool! then i'm all for it. if there's anyone else that'd like to join you're more than welcome!
    the patient mental...

cool! then i'm all for it. if there's anyone else that'd like to join you're more than welcome!
    Ja i am sure Paul would be keen!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

ja i'm keen, durban harbour's kiff..you never know what you'll hook lol. Changing low tide in the early morning or evening's are best..when it's changing to high..just get there when it's changing to low and fish till you get uncomfortable with the walk back...make sure you leave early enough off the sand bank cos it can get pretty scary.. Right i gotta get back to studying...this last exam is a total b!tch! I'm ratting out here mentally..eish i hope spot learning pays off..

Quote Originally Posted by phly View Post
    Right i gotta get back to studying...this last exam is a total b!tch! I'm ratting out here mentally..eish i hope spot learning pays off..
    good luck dude! let us know how it goes
    the patient mental...

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

hi all,

thanks
    Hi there...

Definitely worth a bash. Try the sandbanks during the day, but I would stay off it at night - lots of big Zambezi sharks around that come into the harbour to breed during the summer. Also be weary of them during the day. There seems to be more of them around in the past few years. Rather fish off the piers at night. Also watch out for the skates and rays during the day that move onto the sandbanks.

Lots of springer, torpedo scads and some kingies around at the moment.

Regards
    Sudesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh Pursad View Post
    Hi there...

Definitely worth a bash. Try the sandbanks during the day, but I would stay off it at night - lots of big Zambezi sharks around that come into the harbour to breed during the summer. Also be weary of them during the day. There seems to be more of them around in the past few years. Rather fish off the piers at night. Also watch out for the skates and rays during the day that move onto the sandbanks.

Lots of springer, torpedo scads and some kingies around at the moment.

Regards
    Sudesh
    Hi Sudesh,

Any specific flies that you know will work better than others? Also, is a 6wt outfit (either floating/intermediate line) sufficient?

Thanks
    Devlin
    the patient mental...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast