Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durban Harbour

Sudesh

Welcome back to Flytalk mate... Saw that you rejoined yesterday.... Glad to have you and your expertise back on the forum!!

Andre
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Hi Devlin...

I'd rather go 9wt as opposed to 6wt as there is always wind. The flies and depend on how you would like to catch the fish. Sometimes I like to see the strikes and fish a floater with a Flipper. Alternatively, or if the Flipper does not work, then an intermediate or fast sinking line with clousers, crazy charlies or another wierd looking fly tied with lazerfilm and marabou. Epoxy Minnows and Beady Eye minnows also work exceptionally well. The trick is not to use very big flies - up to about 1/0-2/0 max in size.

At night, there is only one fly I use, and that is the Night Time Glassy.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Sudesh

Unfortunately up in Jhb but travel countrywide

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    Sudesh

Welcome back to Flytalk mate... Saw that you rejoined yesterday.... Glad to have you and your expertise back on the forum!!

Andre

Thanks Andre...

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh Pursad View Post
    Hi Devlin...

I'd rather go 9wt as opposed to 6wt as there is always wind. The flies and depend on how you would like to catch the fish. Sometimes I like to see the strikes and fish a floater with a Flipper. Alternatively, or if the Flipper does not work, then an intermediate or fast sinking line with clousers, crazy charlies or another wierd looking fly tied with lazerfilm and marabou. Epoxy Minnows and Beady Eye minnows also work exceptionally well. The trick is not to use very big flies - up to about 1/0-2/0 max in size.

At night, there is only one fly I use, and that is the Night Time Glassy.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Sudesh
    Cool! Thanks for the advice - unfortunately it's a little late to put a 9wt onto my wishlist, so hopefully nothing will reduce my 6wt to splinters!
    the patient mental...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12