Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Buying Flies For Yellows

Default Buying Flies For Yellows

Good afternoon gentlemen....

I Am attending the the douglas trip in april and am looking for someone to tie a selecton of flies for me,i know i could buy them in a shop but you guys who tie seem to put more character into them than the shop ones,i think we are fishing for SM and LM so i was thinking 5 different patterns for each and 5 of each type.........now i am guessing at numbers and patterns so please guide me on how many i would need for 4 days fishing........will pay what ever the shop rates are plus any additiinal cost like p&p,if there is anyone interested in doing this please PM me.

cheers

Nick
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

By all means get others' flies, but don't be an a'hole, you can share ours (g'teed of no fish!)

Nick Contact Jaque Marais In Douglas He Is The Expert In That Area And Ties Flies To Buy So You Will Get The Best Advice And Best Flies For That Stretch Of Water Regards
    Deejay
    Last edited by Deejay; 14-02-08 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Nick Contact Jaque Marais In Douglasa He Is The Expert In That Area And Ties Flies Too Buy So You Will Get The Best Advice And Best Flies For That Stretch Of Water Regards
    Deejay
    Does he have a shop in douglas
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    By all means get others' flies, but don't be an a'hole, you can share ours (g'teed of no fish!)

Very kind of you Chris but i already have another list of things i might need to borrow........
    James Boswell.

While we are on the subject of Douglas can some of you more esteemed gents please list a couple of patterns I should tie for this trip. I have a total of about 20 yellows flies on my name and need to stock up, but I have no idea where to begin. Chris I'll take you up on that borrowing deal as well
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Does he have a shop in douglas
    No he hasn't got a shop.He sells to Sollys PTA and some of the JHB shops.

His prime flies for Largies are not for sale.He might cutt out the middleman so to speak.Wie nie vra nie salie weti.

G

Ps.Ask him jacques@hunterfisher.co.za

NOT SURE BUT DROP HIM A MAIL ON hunterfisher@mweb.co.za OR CALL HIM ON 0828256072 ...ALL YOU GUYS GOING TO DOUGLAS SHOULD SPEAK TO HIM !THATS HIS BACK YARD AND IF YOU WAN TO MAXIMISE YOUR TRIP THEN I WOULD DEFINATELY CONTACT HIM...HE IS AN AWSOME FLY FISHER...DJ

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Very kind of you Chris but i already have another list of things i might need to borrow........
    You're meant to be bringing the basil, chilli, coriander and 'drizzles' of OBS??

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    NOT SURE BUT DROP HIM A MAIL ON hunterfisher@mweb.co.za OR CALL HIM ON 0828256072 ...ALL YOU GUYS GOING TO DOUGLAS SHOULD SPEAK TO HIM !THATS HIS BACK YARD AND IF YOU WAN TO MAXIMISE YOUR TRIP THEN I WOULD DEFINATELY CONTACT HIM...HE IS AN AWSOME FLY FISHER...DJ
    That email is a no no. His wife does admin nowadays.See link above.

But I second ur views,awesome(his favourate word) flyfisher

G

Ps.No I'm not a stalker,his my mate

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast