Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saltwater Outfit

Default TFO TiCRx

Hay there

I'm looking to sell my TFO TiCRx 8 weight, the rod has hardly been used and has a warrantied butt section that i've used once (damaged cork), so is basically brand new.

Anyone can contact me tom tom@sumora.com for more info, I'm based in Cape Town. Price is very negotiable.

Eastpill

My money would be on an eight or nine weight outfit as a first option. The eight is better in the sense that you can thenlater ad a ten and twelve to complete the selection. A nine is a great rod but it somehow gets stuck in the middle where it does very little perfectly - always fractionally light or too heavy for the target species.

The TiCR is possibly the best option at the moment. It has enough backbone and comes in four piece models.

I would go with a Shilton reel to match.

Lines are more tricky. Two spools will be great and you could then load one with a full intermediate line and the other with a shooting head system. To start only get a Di7 shooting head. The intermediate is fine for fishing poppers and sub0-surface patterns in the estuaries and the Di7 will be the best for surf based fishing.

I am not sure what such an outfit would cost but suspect that you will stay within your budget.

Cheers
    MC

Thanks MCC,

Nepptune also gave me some good advice on the Horizon Rods and the Shilton Reels.Being checking them out and I must admit that the Shilton Reels have good reviews,also from what I read on some International Sites.

I am going for the Shilton Reel.

As for the line,anyone use the Cortland 444SL intermediate which means Shooting Line.Is this the same as the shooting head system I guess as it is heavier at the tip?

Last question then any good spots in the KZN area.I was watching ESA last night and they were hooking Kingies and Wave Garrick.Surely if they can catch this on drop shit,then this must be possible on fly?

Thanks

Sorry I meant Drop shot rather than Drop Shit. Just the I and O on the keyboard are next to each other

Ja right
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

It’s not the same, a shooting line implies that the taper of the line is weighted toward the front/ head ( correct??) but it’s still a full line. A shooting head is basically a line in two pieces, first section is the shooting head which is quiet short and to that a running line is attached, the running line is then attached to the backing.
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2