Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Down Stream Fishing for Yellows

[QUOTE=NCBass;7187I often use this method when fishing for LM in the Vaal between Warrenton and Schmidsdrift - usually around 80-100m downstream from the shallow rapids.[/QUOTE]

NC have you ever fished that dam about 20k's from Carolina? Rumour (and some pics I've been shown) have it that there are MONSTER LM in there
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Well, there are a few locations in the northwest, and I know of three that have monster largies in...look at "africa flyfishing magazine" and you will see "frontier flyfishing competition" that Jacques Cooper is sitting with one of them largemouths caught at one of these destinations. Also a Stream X cenario
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Well, there are a few locations in the northwest, and I know of three that have monster largies in...look at "africa flyfishing magazine" and you will see "frontier flyfishing competition" that Jacques Cooper is sitting with one of them largemouths caught at one of these destinations. Also a Stream X cenario
    Comment, I shall not...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    NC have you ever fished that dam about 20k's from Carolina? Rumour (and some pics I've been shown) have it that there are MONSTER LM in there
    A bit far from Carolina, but one never knows, might just pass there some day
    Save our Yellows!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBass View Post
    A bit far from Carolina, but one never knows, might just pass there some day
    I actually got the town wrong It's not Carolina but Christiana! I believe the waters are controlled by the Kimberly Angling Club.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Comment, I shall not...

Hehehe...guys a secret is a secret. And a promise is a promise. Anyways, that's the way I grew up, respect others wishes that know, are older or were before you there. Anyways, I won't fish that water without Cooper being along. Same with Garth Wellman, I know his location of his piece of water and had fished it twice with him, and he's given me permission to fish it, but I just don't.
    Anyways, without the guy that discovered that water and has fished it, it might just as well be an empty difficult stream. And you don't want hordes swarming your waters, ask me, I'm putting limits on amount of guys I take with me, not more than 3 at a time, and I make it clear they keep location to themselves and that they cannot fish it without me being together.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Hehehe...guys a secret is a secret. And a promise is a promise. Anyways, that's the way I grew up, respect others wishes that know, are older or were before you there. Anyways, I won't fish that water without Cooper being along. Same with Garth Wellman, I know his location of his piece of water and had fished it twice with him, and he's given me permission to fish it, but I just don't.
    Anyways, without the guy that discovered that water and has fished it, it might just as well be an empty difficult stream. And you don't want hordes swarming your waters, ask me, I'm putting limits on amount of guys I take with me, not more than 3 at a time, and I make it clear they keep location to themselves and that they cannot fish it without me being together.
    I know exactly what you mean Dirk. I found a beutifull stretch of water not 40 minutes drive from home that I was really excited about. When I approached the landowner he emphatically said no fishing
    Apparently he had allowed some in the past, but again it got out of hand, fiends of freinds and the next minute there were people all over his land so he was forced to enforce the no fishing law

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I know exactly what you mean Dirk. I found a beutifull stretch of water not 40 minutes drive from home that I was really excited about. When I approached the landowner he emphatically said no fishing
    Apparently he had allowed some in the past, but again it got out of hand, fiends of freinds and the next minute there were people all over his land so he was forced to enforce the no fishing law
    And the water I'm fishing now(kudu's) has been on the same road, and I'm one of only three that can fish there. One of friend invited himself on the water after I had postponed the trip due to broken car, and I nearly lost my privilidge to fish it. Well all I can say is...he's no friend of mine anymore!
    Dirk Human

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2