Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Crazy

Thumbs up Fly Crazy

Good day to you all.

I am lucky enough to travel all over the country for my work and that is great.
    The past 6 weeks i have been on the road from monday to friday; from the cape to the limpopo and all along i have taken my 5wheight rig (the only rig i have). In the Cape i gave the holsloot a shot and landed quite a few great fish. Next stop was PE where i managed to catch about 10 fish in the surf (yes on my #5) before getting smoked by the one that got away with my last fly. After stopping at home for the weekend i headed off to KZN where i had a great time at howick and midmar with bass a-plenty. Next was the limpopo where i landed 3 barbel over 5kg in a farm dam near Settlers. Off to kimberly for 3 days and again i strike it lucky with Gold in the vaal. On the way home (PTA) i stopped at "Wag n Bietjie" near Bothaville and realy ripped into some yellows, muddies and again 1 great barbel that took the best of 25 min to land. Last Sunday i went off to Brookwood and landed 8 trout in the first hour.
    The past few weeks have been great but most of the fishing has been in the few locations that i know, as for the rest it has been like shooting flies with a BB gun, just hoping to get them.

I would realy appreciate it if someone could let me know of some good fishing destinations around the country so that in future i can have more fun and catch more fish.

Thanking you all in advance for your feedback.

Keep fishing

Wade
    P.S. Feel free to mail me at wade@kagisano.co.za or call me on 0832645122

Thanks again

Hi Wade,

Welcome to the site.

you should get the book "REMARKABLE FLYFISHING DESTINATIONS OF SOUTHERN AFRICA" by Malcolm Meintjies.

There are some lovely places in there for you to try out.

Oh ja - if you ever get tired of driving and need a driver, let me know..

Ciao
    Grant.

Hi Wade

Welcome to the site nice to have you here. Gees seems like you are leaving your mark all over the country. Lucky bliksem

Best Regards

Default Thanks

Just want to say thanks for the commentary. I will keep my eyes open for the book you recomended i get Grant. And thanks for the support Pierre.

I hope that one day we meet on the water and share experiences.

Now if only i could find a real nice (and reasonably priced) venue tha is not to far from my home in Pretoria so that i can get even omre fishing in.

Oh yes, before i forget, can anyone help me with some basic pointers for fishing for carp with a fly so i can add them to my list of species landed.

Thank you all for your time

Wade

Hi Grant

I will give you a call when i am in the fairest cape again and maby you could show me or two of your favourite holes to fish. We can both drive....
    Wade

Wade, by any chance do you have a sister who is getting married soon? Just asking - Pretoria is a small place after all and I just wanted to check if I knew you. There are quite a few other Pretoria guys on this site Myself, Thriss, Tye2...

For sure Wade. Just PM me when you're on your way down and we can do some fishing!

Just don't ask me to take you saltwater fishing. Those fish are beating me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    For sure Wade. Just PM me when you're on your way down and we can do some fishing!

Just don't ask me to take you saltwater fishing. Those fish are beating me at the moment.
    Uhhmmm Grant, you would improve your odds in the salt if you actually fished it occasionally

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

hehehe. True. I will be in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Uhhmmm Grant, you would improve your odds in the salt if you actually fished it occasionally

Regards,
    Darryl
    ha ha ha ha ha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast