Thread: bronkhorstspruit...

Default bronkhorstspruit...

i need some help. some of my papgooier friends are going down to bronkhorstspruit dam. i'm no papgooier, so can someone please help and let me know if it's possible to fly fish there?

i've got no idea on what fish there are...

any help would be much appreciated...

please keep in mind i've got a 9' 6wt rod...
    Last edited by Zaebar; 19-02-08 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaebar View Post
    i need some help. some of my papgooier friends are going down to bronkhorstspruit dam. i'm no papgooier, so can someone please help and let me know if it's possible to fly fish there?

If ever u get down to Solly's PTA speak to Yunus.He lives there.He is quite clued up.

G

It is possible to fly fish there.
    Kurper, Carp, barbel, bass and if I remember correctly, there are yellows in the stream that runs in at the nature reserve side.

Your baity friends should try marshmallows, the carp love em. (The ones in that you buy at spar)
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Dizzy's right, go to where the stream comes in, and fish for Small Scales and pressing carp... Also look for those fallen trees, they are scattered around the edges of the dam, and target the bass... if you've got a kick boat, take it...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaebar View Post

nothing wrong with papgooi boet, they also enjoying themselves...
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    nothing wrong with papgooi boet, they also enjoying themselves...
    hehehe... they're mostly just getting drunk next to the water...

busy with immigration plans, so my time on the water is quite limited... so when i get an opportunity to go fish, i run full steam and tackle the living daylights out of it...

thanks for the info... think i'll be fine. my biggest worry is if my rod will survive... will just have to use lighter tippet, so i know that goes before my rod does...