Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FlyTalk Trip to De Mond

Default FlyTalk Trip to De Mond

FlyTalk Trip to De Mond on the 9th of December

We are all meeting at the Shell Garage on the N2 just before Sir Lowry's Pass at 4:30 am.
    It is the last petrol garage on your right just before you head up the pass. We want to get to De Mond at 7:00 am (when the gates open) early and fish the morning session. If you know the way you are welcome to leave at a time more suitable.

Please reply here if you will be going and indicate if you will be meeting us at the garage or driving through on your own. We need to know who we must wait for

Target Species:
    Leerfish
    Grunter
    Mullet (Bullnose and Striped )
    Kob

The Tide for that day
    Low 0.53m@08:49 0.39m@21:14
    Hi 1.61m@02:59 1.67m@14:57

The entrance fee into De-mond is R24 but if you have a Wild card it’s free
    You can purchase a fishing permit at De Mond if you only fish the estuary. If you have a saltwater fishing permit then it covers the estuary and the sea.

Best outfits will be a 6 to 9 wt rod, floating fly line and flies like clouser minnows, flippers, crease flies, poppers, deceivers, white fritz, dogs breakfast in white, white and chartreuse, white and gray.

Directions to De Mond
    To get to De-Mond, take the N2 to Caledon and turn right into Caledon and go all of the way through. Keep going until you reach Bredasdorp. When you see the Struisbaai turnoff turn right (it is next to the Police Station). Take the next stop street left (it will say Arniston Waanhuiskraanz) follow the road until you go over a river (with very brown water) and the turn off to de mond is 150 meters away to the right. It is a dirt road and it will say De-Mond. keep going until you reach De-Mond's gate and park. There is a picnic area, toilets and a suspension bridge. (Thanks Sean for directions)

Best Regards
    Last edited by Pierre; 30-11-06 at 10:00 AM.

I am there like a Bear!! I'll meet you guys at the petrol station.

Man I am looking forward to it big time!

Hi pierre,what date is the trip?im sorry about my phone,it seems only you cant get thru.no luck on sunday,i had one bump.didnt see the fish,vis wasnt to great.more than likely going to go thru on friday.see you there?

I will be going this weekend to De Mond

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    Hi pierre,what date is the trip?im sorry about my phone,it seems only you cant get thru.no luck on sunday,i had one bump.didnt see the fish,vis wasnt to great.more than likely going to go thru on friday.see you there?
    Sorry guys I edited the post check it, date added !!

Stephen not sure about Friday, might see you, i will post on the Blakes thread.

I'm in but will probably drive thru on my own.If anyone needs a lift just ask - I am coming from Table View side.

Thumbs up

Im in!!

Im not sure if Ill meet you at the petrol station at the moment, but will let you know in advance.

Arthur, Im in Durbanville, maybe we can organize something? How do you drive to the N2? I can meet you somewhere. Seems like a waste to drive all the way to De Mond on my own.

Tried for leervis at Stilbaai last weekend, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by izak View Post
    Im in!!

Im not sure if Ill meet you at the petrol station at the moment, but will let you know in advance.

Arthur, Im in Durbanville, maybe we can organize something? How do you drive to the N2? I can meet you somewhere. Seems like a waste to drive all the way to De Mond on my own.

I would love to come with too! Izak I live close to Tyger valley, can I get a lift with u? I will need to get some more flies thow. What sizes flies and leader do I need? I got a 6/7 WF floating line on my 7 weight.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    I would love to come with too! Izak I live close to Tyger valley, can I get a lift with u? I will need to get some more flies thow. What sizes flies and leader do I need? I got a 6/7 WF floating line on my 7 weight.
    sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by izak View Post
    Im in!!

Hi dude

I go thru Paarden Eiland and then onto Black River parkway joining the N2 at Pinelands.I personally don't like taking the R300 - we could meet at the Engen 1 stop on the N2 - it is a fairly decent place to leave one's car for the day.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast