Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yellowfish Conservation

i don't know if any are still there i have only seen 1 near the campsite,you say the threat to clans is reduced but half the fun is catching them in rivers and the fish i'm worried about is clamwilliam sawfin witch also get to good size

next time i go there i going full force (with a few friends) agianst the bass on "mission irradicate"
    bass aren't the only invasive spieces the ones i know of are carp,blue gill,barbel and a few others but i think bass are the biggest problem
    Last edited by cameronlochner; 21-09-16 at 06:02 PM.

Dont want to step on any toes.
    But has the CPS ever thought of maybe stocking Lakensvlei with some yellowfish?Wonder if they would be able to reproduce with all the trout?
    Dont think they would interfere with the trout fishery much and would be great to assit in the conservation of them as well as giving another species to target.

Clanwilliams have not occured n the rivers flowing east, so they will not stock it.
    there were talks about witvis, as that occurs in those rivers, but nothing happened
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

how do you catch witvis .there are some in the jonkershoek trout farm which is no longer stocked but today i saw some massive witvis just cruising on the surface refusing my dry flies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2