Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Oaks - Dullstroom

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Does anyone have the contact details for this venue? I think it is Bruce Murray if i remember correctly.
    Take your bass gear with. When I last fished there I caught 6 rainbows and 100+ bass for the weekend...
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

This is a nice big dam. Take a float tube/boat if you have one.
    If not fishing is good all along the dam wall. Try cast as far as you can on the spot 20m from the walk in point. Also from that walk in point to your left it is deeper. Right side is shallow and bass world.
    The wind can be a problem on certain days as you can only fish dam wall side of the dam without getting wet.
    From the small island you can fish a limited few cast parallel to the dam wall. The other sides are very shallow.
    As you approach the dam wall the far end of the dam wall say the last 20 meters is very shallow and you can visually see if there is fish or not. You could driver to there and turn around on the other side of the dam wall.
    All the edges close the dam wall has grass and will hold bass. The owner removes the grass from time to time with chains.
    All bass caught must be removed from the dam(our last instruction when we were there).

Have a look to the other side of the dam wall and look for eagles and egrets and storks which pass by from time to time.

There are two other smaller dams as well on the farm but I have not fished them.
    Just one more cast.......... make it count ...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12