Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Witsand

Default Witsand

Hi All, Has anyone been to Witsand recently? I understand that the water is still a bit discoloured and dirty and that the fishing has not been the best. Anyone with recent experience?

I was there 3 weeks ago........not that recent is it!!! It was like fishing into a cup of rooibos tea. There were very few fish caught. I know a guy who was there last weekend and he always phones if he gets fish....just to rub it in. he hasn't called so i'm assuming the fishing was K"k!!!

Hi there

I received a report from a very reliable friend who said that the small Leeries are thick. He also got a Grunter on fly.

Cheers
    MC

Yeah I heard the water was pretty dirty BUT I have a reliable source that found GREAT leerie fishing at Uilenkraals Mond.....

I was at Witsands a month ago. A client of mine was run clean off by something huge! The water was very discoloured over the duration of the weekend. The reports from the guys on the boats were not too good, but Witsands is a big place, there is always something going on somewhere in the estuary.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

uilenskraal mond???are you serious?
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

swsmith as "GARAGE" should know his mates are rarely serious......

Sailie??? Shouldn't you have caught one before you use that name?

Thumbs up

GARAGE we can dream can't we!!! I need the inspiration as my trip is a coming closer and closer.......GUATEMALA & COSTA RICA HERE WE COME BABY!!!

Just to let you know that the fishing was not great at all. There is a new bank about 60m out from kabeljou bank, which means that the main channel has moved well out of casting distance. Kabiljou bank is also a lot lower than it used to be so that the water begins coming over opposite the lodge, but just as it really gets going, it starts coming over the whole bank, and within a very short space of time, the whole bank is inundated. This results in a very short fishing window. The locals say the fishing hasn't been good at all, with lots of fresh water from the river and only small fish coming out generally. Hopefully when the river comes down a bit, the new bank will be washed away. Anyoine else done better recently?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast