Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Polarised Sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph+O- View Post
    I feel your pain, I lost my el'expensive polarized "Okleys" just as the evening rise pulled in at the last Vaal trip. I was so p!ssed off I got off the water and raced home. Got myself a R600 pair of "Polaroid" sunglasses that next Monday. I'm very pleased with them (nice and solid - great comfort). Another thing I'd say one should look for in a pair of polaroids is amount of cover at the sides of the lenses - it improves viz especially when the sun sits at that funny angle. Then, get a proper lanyard/strap - the neoprene like material ones seem to be the right way to go - they stay out of the way yet doing a proper job in holding your shades where you expect to find them..... "where the **** did my shades disppear to?"
    It was the plop sound that really broke my heart, right before the bank gave way and nearly broke my neck, and signaled the beginning of a long weekend of fishing without Polaroid lenses...

It was an awesome evening rise although I was soaked from head to toe and starting to get really cold.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    It was the plop sound that really broke my heart, right before the bank gave way and nearly broke my neck, and signaled the beginning of a long weekend of fishing without Polaroid lenses...

It was an awesome evening rise although I was soaked from head to toe and starting to get really cold.
    Bad one!
    I always keep an extra pair of the cheap Snowbeys in my cab in case something like that happens.
    No PAIN No Gain

Hey Ferdie

You are alive

Let us go fishing this saturday at that spot we bundubashed to?

What do you say???
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Found an interesting article about polaroid glasses.

Depending on quality the degree of polarisation can vary from as little as 15% TO 99%. The best is 99%

A good lens should block uv AB and C rays

Good lens should have anti reflective coatings on the inside of the lens to eliminate the effect of glare and UV light entering from the side and behind the glasses.

If it has infra red Block it wil enhance your comfort.

Colors Grey good for general use. Best for medium to gright conditions.
    Amber. perfect stalking glasses. helps with depth perception. best for low to medium light.
    Yellow. Best for low light and overcast.
    Green. Best with max light and and distinguishes shadows best.
    Blue. For seeing objects in surface on sunny days.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Gaza Banned User

Default Pola Sunglasses

I agree that Pola glasses all do the same thing , block out unwanted or stray light , for the polarised effect , much like using it on a camera lens , to enhance colour by removing stray lightwaves.
    For the actual lenses used in sunglasses , the only factor would be the quality of the lens. It may be polarised , but may have a few lens aberrations , inherent to cheap glass or plastic materials used. So you may see clearer , but maybe not very sharply , or far , or near ,depending on your eyes. I have a cheap pair of pola's that I use on the Vaal , and I can not tie a knot in fine tippets with them on. ( And my eyes tested ok , no need for glasses. So the cheapies affect my near-vision. Yet they serve their other purpose well enough.
    The other problem with cheap lenses is that they absorb heat ( UV Light) which builds up in cheap ( plastic) lenses. This is like having a small heater close to your eyes = eye-strain ..
    I have a pair of Mako's for the salt , and great for wearing all day on the beach or boat , they do get affected by sand...
    If you can afford , buy a at least an average priced pair. Eyes are quite an important part of your fishing kit ..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234