Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fishing buddies

Default Fishing buddies

Hi guys,
    Been fly fishing for about 2 months - mainly the more commercial spots and I'm wanting to try something new, but as most of my friends aren't exactly the fishing type I find myself heading off on solo trips. Any guys willing to have a newbie tag along? My current setup consists of a 6wt rod so I am quite limited. Thanks a lot.

Where are you based Gallen? If in the Cape then
    i'd be happy to introduce you to our streams... they are absolutely awesome :-)

Hey Kevin,
    Yup, I'm based in CT Southern Suburbs. Perhaps that would've been a good thing to mention, hehe... Thanks for the offer - how would I contact you?

Kevin, If i you really do feel generous perhaps you could set a day aside to take two of us along. That is if Gallen doesn't mind me imposing here.

Gallen- private message me. Kyle, not a problem.

Chaps it will unfortunately not be this month- fishing with Dizzy on Wednesday and then I have a bunch of mates coming down from the Eastern Cape to fish with me for the rest of the week. And then I'm off to the Eastern Cape until New Years. After that we can make a plan, although the rivers will probably be very marginal at that time of year. We can possibly organise a trip to one of the more open beats on the Holsloot River, which tends to stay cooler for longer (tailwater fishery).

Kevin, Thanks very much. Look forward to the new year. Enjoy the Eastern Cape.

Thanks a lot .. look forward to it. Any other generous people out there?

Quote Originally Posted by gallen View Post
    I will gladly help out a newbie as well - am a bit tied up for December though so from January onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by gallen View Post
    I am fishing on Saturday on the Smalblaar, no probs if you want to come along. You will just need to arrange permits etc through CPS. If you are keen then PM me.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    We're going to be on Elands 1 for Sat morning
    Looks like we can have a mini-convoy going out from the deep south
    Eben,

Sounds good, how is Pam's ankle doing ? If she is joining you have you bought her some boots or do I have to carry her out again ?

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast