Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introductions from PE

Default Introductions from PE

Well, I see people introduce themselves here, so it must be my turn

My name is Bruno and I live in PE. I was introduced to FF a while ago, but never really got stuck on it.
    Last year I decided it was time to get started again, it has been great! I have a lot to learn, but can see from some of the posts here that this is the place for seeking advice.

Looking forward to assist where I can and be assisted where I fall short.

Cheers.

Hi Bruno

Welcome

FYI I've got one of our young proteges from my club, Warren Graham (excellent provincial junior and fly tyer) and his folks are moving to PE very shortly. His folks are good fun as well. They'll definitely need to be shown the local places for ff. Will PM you their details when they move, hopefully they will prove good fishing mates!

Cheers, Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi Chris,

I will help where I can.
    Where I do not know everything, I will put Warren in contact with the right people.

Cheers
    Bruno

Welcome Bruno!! .. always good to have members from my ex-province!!! ... looking forward to getting to "know" you in here!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Welcome Bruno, can never have too many PE folk on board

Where do you fish?

Kevin, Thanks for the welcome note
    I am still new to FF and only been in PE for 3 years now. Currently belong to EPFFC but have only fished Sandriver Dam. Mostly because I do not know where to go. Would like to try my hand at Saltwater some time as well, but here I have no equipment yet and am not sure were to go. Heard people talking about Swatkops - should go and have a look some day.

Foregive me if I ask a stupid question, but where is Waikato? sounds like NZ or AUZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Where is Waikato?
    Hi and welcone,

Kiwiland...

Waikato Chiefs = Rugby team
    Gerrit Viljoen

Thought so,
    Good friend of mine lives there as well now - just been chatting to him over g-mail. He goes fishing now and then, but as he puts it "wil die vis eet - nie teruggooi nie" did not know it was so bad in NZ that you had to go hunting for food!!
    I guess it is time for you to go to bed now.

Cheers.

Sorry Gerrit, got slightly confused with you and Kevin there for a moment. Time for NZ to go to bed and time for SA to start working....

Bruno, I live in NZ now, but PE is my hometown. I was a member of EPFFC for a coupla years but didn't get much value out of them - just an AGM and access to Moffat and Sandriver dams. Sandriver was full of small bass, can be fun with little poppers on the flyrod though. I understand that moffat damwall is broken and there is no fishing there anymore?

The best freshwater fishing you have is the smallmouth bass fishing on the Kouga and Gamtoos rivers. Also try Loerie dam with a canoe or float tube - some nice bass there. Groendal dam has decent smallie fishing but you have to pay for a boat and ghillie from the municipality.

As for saltwater, Swartkops is good if you ignore some of the scenery and if you can find a local to show you the ropes. May be worth paying a guide for a day to get you started.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast