Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A day on Boarmans Chase

Default A day on Boarmans Chase

Here are a couple of pics of a great days fishing with Mario Geldenhuys on Boarmans Chase on the Upper Bell in Rhodes. We caught heaps of the hardest fighting and best conditioned wild river rainbows I have ever had the pleasure to fish for - a really great days fishing !

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Yum-my.

Awesome photos as always Dr. Lampert.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of a great days fishing with Mario Geldenhuys on Boarmans Chase on the Upper Bell in Rhodes. We caught heaps of the hardest fighting and best conditioned wild river rainbows I have ever had the pleasure to fish for - a really great days fishing !
    Darryl,

Nice pics - nice to see Mario is looking in good health.
    I see you actually fished Boarmans, rather than Tinto (which is an uninhabited "farm" below Boarmans). Basically where you started fishing is where you end when you fish Tinto - you cross the river, hike over the mountain ridges until you get to a spot where you figure you can get down to the river without killing yourself, then fish up from there.

The past two times in was in Rhodes, Boarmans was suffering from lack of water ,thus we went down to Tinto.

Glad you had a good time.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Darryl,

Nice pics - nice to see Mario is looking in good health.
    I see you actually fished Boarmans, rather than Tinto (which is an uninhabited "farm" below Boarmans). Basically where you started fishing is where you end when you fish Tinto - you cross the river, hike over the mountain ridges until you get to a spot where you figure you can get down to the river without killing yourself, then fish up from there.

The past two times in was in Rhodes, Boarmans was suffering from lack of water ,thus we went down to Tinto.

Glad you had a good time.
    Thanks Scythe. Thanks Gary, this was the first time in the last couple of visits to Rhodes that the flows were perfect - previous occasions they were either too high or too low. Fish were in superb condition (I think last years drought thinned the numbers which has allowed the left overs to bulk up well) with 12" fish bending my 3wt in half and just not giving up. Got smashed up by some larger fish - hopefully the one that Mario spotted swimming past him with my nymph in it's mouth and trailling my hopper has managed to spit it out by now By the way, congrats on your NZ result !
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Beautiful pics Darryl, that is real big sky country.

WOW !! I HAVE to make a plan and get around to this part of the country. Absolutely beautiful!

Gee Darryl
    That trip will stay in your mind for a long while. Bet you never heard any traffic noise on that section?
    Great pics and a lekka way to start my morning. I can feel that crisp mountain air burning my lungs.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Eish Darryl,

Great pics as usual. Looks like one hell of an amazing place, i think i need to make some plans to head out there some time next season!

Its Breathtaking!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Looks awesome. I was trying to convince the missus that we need to do a road trip in 2 weeks time. Up the east coast, via Rhodes to Underberg and Nottingham Rd...she didn't fall for it
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Thanks guys. Rols, struggled a bit with the altitude ~2000m - had a headache for most of the day which didn't help. The upper reaches of most of the rivers in the area are really beautiful.

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast