Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help with trout please!

Unfortunately he will be unavailable to make our trip, but he is a 'Person Of Note'!

To which all those who've basked in 'His Glory' will attest!

E.G. Gilroy's Brewery and 'Raid On Entebbe'..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfstone View Post
    Nick,There should be enough variaty of wines available in Douglas,should you run out of options,there's a good supply of Seebreez,Stormers and Voorsorg in Douglas.
    Have you fished the area before??where abouts are you in the Northern Cape
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    a 'Person Of Note'!
    basked in 'His Glory'
    The plot thickens,maybe i should try and make a turn to your neck of the woods to meet such a man
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

You would be worthy of Each Other's Presence
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Carnarvon,I've fished below the Vaal/Orange junction on one occasion in 2003.I'm moving down to Grahamstown very shortly.

Carnarvon,I've fished below the Vaal/Orange junction on one occasion in 2003.I'm moving down to Grahamstown very shortly.
    Carnarvan, good grief! I think a more apt name for you would be something like 'Windpomp' surely?

Seriously though, beautiful part of the world that. I joined a hunting party to one of the farms in the area a few years back and absolutely loved the countryside. Not much water around those parts though, or did I miss something? I know there is a huge dam/reservoir at the next closest town.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Well there are pools on the Brak and Sak rivers with permanent water.My favourate pools are at Jakkalsdans,Loxton.Prieska is another option but thats a 160km trip on gravel.There is a photo of me at one of the pools in the Photo Gallery(Yellowfish in the Karoo).
    Last edited by Halfstone; 12-04-08 at 09:35 PM.

Well there are pools on the Brak and Sak rivers with permanent water.My favourate pools are at Jakkalsdans,Loxton.Prieska is another option but thats a 160km trip on gravel.
    Something that the rest of the forumers will find interesting is the whiskey collection at your local town pub. Largest collection of whiskey in South Africa I believe.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

The whiskey collection has been sold recently,however forumers going through can have a look at the wellknown Blikkies Bar at the Carnarvon Hotel,a unique collection of beer cans.

YEP ... I will bear witness to the AMAZING beer can collection!! .... stopped there once en route to a Springbuck hunting trip!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast