Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JAM Fly SBS Request!

Howzit Maddy

I really don't have a SBS.

If you remind me I'll do one for you in the New Year. Right now I'm prepping for the holiday's fishing - it's a mad rush to get a new spinning stick built before Thursday afternoon

I did a tying session with Liam, Denton and Darryl last week - Darryl took some pics and made notes. That was when he was not spilling red wine on my carpets

Maybe Darryl can post those in the meantime.......

Remind me....

Cheers
    MC

Why not just use KOO flavored dupa in the meantime!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I have been searching for this thread for ages as I remember reading it when Peter (PeterCoetzee) posted it and I was really awed by the work. Couldn't for the life of me remember which thread it was till now and many searches!

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=8671

This should give you guys an idea of what is required to prepare the silicone for the jam flies but maybe someone could fill in the text? (obviously this is Peter's work) but the text would help as I sure am not all to clued up as yet.

I was looking through a couple other patterns Peter played around with and man, there are some nice flies there!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Howzit Maddy

I really don't have a SBS.

If you remind me I'll do one for you in the New Year. Right now I'm prepping for the holiday's fishing - it's a mad rush to get a new spinning stick built before Thursday afternoon

I did a tying session with Liam, Denton and Darryl last week - Darryl took some pics and made notes. That was when he was not spilling red wine on my carpets

Maybe Darryl can post those in the meantime.......

Remind me....

Cheers
    MC
    You serve me cheap red wine the polite thing to do is spill it as opposed to puke it onto your carpets ;-)

Will look at putting something together when I am on leave although most of the pics were blurry - like my eyes
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Does anyone know if these are available for sale anywhere?
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    You serve me cheap red wine
    Hey I brought the wine and it is not Cheap !!

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Does anyone know if these are available for sale anywhere?
    The Crab or JAM fly? If we get a pic of one we can get together and slap some Jamflies together ourselves Brian. I'll prep the silicon before your arrival, we can go tempt some bass once we're done. Check the post above about the other thread on this.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Ive finally got all the goodies together to do it, and I have a general idea... would love to see the pics though!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Check the latest TCFF. It's in there
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Hi there

Here are some pictures............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast