Thread: EP fibre

Question EP fibre

hi does anyone on the forum know where I can find Enrico Puglisi fibre. He has some interesting paterns and from what I have read this material works a charm.
    Last edited by deewy; 08-05-08 at 10:12 AM.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

I'm sure Philip or Sean will be able to organise, not so? Steve Farrar's flash blend is an excellent sub, though.. You can easily tie EP Peanut Butters, for example, using SF flash blend.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I'm sure Philip or Sean will be able to organise, not so? Steve Farrar's flash blend is an excellent sub, though.. You can easily tie EP Peanut Butters, for example, using SF flash blend.
    yes but wouldn't the fly have TO MUCH flash then? I have noticed that the EP minnows hardly have any flash in...I might be wrong.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

No. The only reason you don't see flash on EP minnows is because the camera that takes the picture doesn't pick it up. The flash in SF flash blend is fine and subtle, plus, if it's too much for your liking, you can simply pull as many of the flash strands that you want to get rid of , out of the mix. In the end the amount of flash in the fly is up to the tier and his experience regarding what the fish like, no matter which material you use. You can add more, or pull some out..

A word of caution - in my experience EP flies look great on the vice but become very scruffy quickly and are only good for 1 or 2 fish. Also EP fibers go 'flat' in the water and the fly looses it original profile. A nice thing with EP fibers is that it takes permanent marker nicely, which gives you endless possibilities.

Deewy, not sure if you tied those profiles on EP or SF fibres but I would strongly recommend you go for SF ( Steve Farrar ) fibre, it really works better , looks better and does not get as scruiffy and available from Fishient locally at reasonable rates. That is what we use for those profiles I showed you. If you don't have a local dealer, mail me and I will get you the supplier's ph no.

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    hi does anyone on the forum know where I can find Enrico Puglisi fibre. He has some interesting paterns and from what I have read this material works a charm.
    Hi Deewy,

When I was up in JHB last year, Frontier Flyfishing were selling EP fibre. I bought some brown for tying crab patterns and if I remember correctly they had a couple of other colours. Give them a call as they don't always have all their products on the website.

Rgds,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

thank paul, daryl and lookout.
    why I asked is I have been chatting to a guy in the states on facebook and he swears by EP fibre for his baitfish flies.

I do use SF blend and it realy is a magic thing to work with, especially if you epoxy it, it brings out all that colours.

paul I am going to tie some of those FPF's that you mailed me. Just need to get some big circles and those owner hooks aren't cheap.

thanx for the advise guys
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za