Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wc 0.5

Blog Entries

Default Wc 0.5

OK hear we go.......i am going to stick my head on the block and try and organize a day trip of forum members in the WC........I think we should start with a gathering at Eikendal for a braai and a days fishing,i have chosen Eikendal because it is central and close for all the guys in Cape town,if we get enough people we can then broaden our horizons and try and book the hut for August at Lakensvlei.....The streams close on the 31st may so i was thinking the 7th June.........i will PM Phillip and confirm the Braai is OK,it is R100 for the day and the dam has been stocked recently with good size fish,in the bottom dam there is good size Talapia and Bass if you do not Fancy Trout.......i think a float tube for the bottom dam would be useful, if this does not happen then no problems but i know a couple of guys will definitely be there so come along anyway,the more the merrier........just for the guys that do not know Phillip along with Pierre own and run the forum(i stand under correction if there are others involved). This is just a fun day with a Braai,this is not OV1 or Vaal 7. Alos there are tables to Tie flies if the weather is Shit so bring your vise.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

OK ... I've diarised it Nick!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Blog Entries

Ok so far

1.Nick
    2.Jasper
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Nick, you are starting to see the light. First set the date IN STONE. Second the venue , then whoever pitches, pitches.
    Even if there's only 4 of you for the first one, the word will spread, there'll be 7 for the next and eventually you will end up with a "core" of 6 - 8 people who enjoy an occassional day together.

WELL DONE ON THE INITIATIVE.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Ill be there.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

count me in
    They've got us surrounded - the poor bastards!

This sounds like fun. Let me check work and family and i will confirm a little later if that is ok.
    Thatís the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isnít good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    First set the date IN STONE.
    Herman,
    I thought you only have experience in painting elands and little men with spears on rockfaces?

PS - I still have your T-shirt from the House of Mrs. Ples. It comes with a size 40D hump in the back, also knee and knuckle pads in case you choose to go competitive flyfishing or punda-hunting
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

PS Nick - my brother Justin who's just moved to Stellenbosch would love to join you guys if that's OK? I'll get him to contact you. I don't think he's Flytalk-accessible as yet!

Cheers, great idea!
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    PS Nick - my brother Justin who's just moved to Stellenbosch would love to join you guys if that's OK? I'll get him to contact you. I don't think he's Flytalk-accessible as yet!

Cheers, great idea!
    Chris
    tell him to call me as well Chris!! .... can tell him a few tails about his big brother!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast