Thread: Flyfishing in Saltwaters digital mag

Default Flyfishing in Saltwaters digital mag

For those interested in saving themselves some ZAR on a very worthwhile journal ...
    Recently 'stumbled' upon a digital magazine publishing site www.zinio.com which offers a plethora of popular mags in digital format - notably amongst them the highly informative Flyfishing in Saltwaters magazine. Back issues are available at $5 (no great shakes there!), but the real boon is a year's subscription (6 issues) at around $20 ... roughly ZAR160 - a considerable cost benefit considering the going rate of around ZAR70 an issue from the local newsagent who on more than one ocassion has borne uncomfortable witness to my financial conscience gaining the higher ground and talking me out of a buy. Downloads are typically less than 20 Meg in size, and it comes with a reader (similar to Adobe Acrobat) which allows you to zoom and navigate about the document - all said, a very neat package. Certainly worth a look!

http://www.zinio.com/gncoffer?issn=F...of=ZH01&ns=usa

I have subscribed to this version of the GOOD MAG for a while now! I find it stunning. Easy to read, easy to store (obviously) and easy to look up old articles without hacking your room apart.

Something the local guys should consider.

Thanks guys, that's a very useful bit of advice!

That mag was one of my old time favourites, but now I simply can't justify buying it locally. Along with the UK's Trout and Salmon, Trout Fisherman and the USA Fly Tying mag, I used to get them all monthly and buy locally. I still buy any/all local mags but a propos most overseas mags I'd rather buy a whole load of good hooks, tying material or one size 3/0 tungsten bead for depwater snoek instead...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

you should be able to get the whole lot of the mags

SPortfishing
    Marlin
    Flyfishing
    etc