Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: squid / tjokka flies

Default squid / tjokka flies

hi guys

every bait fisherman knows that these are awsome bait for most fish.

Cob loves squid, wich is what I mainly want to target with these flies. Yellowtail loves then as well and I'm sure they wouldn't leave a helpless little squid alone.

bottom fish like red roman and rockcod also love them.

I had some nice flies that I tied But they where all in my car when it got stollen. So back to the drawing board. I will tie some more of my squids over the weekend and post pics on monday and I would love to hear your coments and experiences with these flies.

I know that sometimes they enter harbours at night and I am sure that there would be predators following them.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

2. Default

I'm not a salt man at all, but found this on the web a while ago while browsing for other stuff - http://www.fishcatcher.com/FlyHeads.htm

Might be helpfull - dunno
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Bob Pop's Sillisquid!
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

interesting stuf that.
    I have luminus chenielle that I tie into my squid bodies, also gives the squid the glowing appearance. Would you guys recommend silicone when tying these flies?
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Hi Deewy,

When Wiets is back in JHB (today sometime) ask him to post a pic of his squid pattern - very very realistic.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Deewy, When Wiets is back in JHB (today sometime) ask him to post a pic of his squid pattern - very very realistic.
    Hi Deewy

Darryl is giving me far more credit than due. I tied this tube fly, which I thought was pretty ordinary, for the Tuna Hunt. After showing it to Darryl, Matt, Karl, Denton, etc., they all claimed it was a nice fly and that it will catch fish. I never got around to testing so I cannot vouch for such claims.

That's a brilliant looking fly Wiets ! The credit is most certainly due ! I think its time for you to post a Step-By-Step !

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    That's a brilliant looking fly Wiets ! The credit is most certainly due ! I think its time for you to post a Step-By-Step !
    Fab idea! If im not mistaken it will be the first tube SBS on FT.
    Wiets, is that photo taken with the new macro lens? Great photo!!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Fab idea! If im not mistaken it will be the first
    tube SBS on FT. Wiets, is that photo taken with the new macro lens? Great
    photo!!
    Hi Matt

No, standard lens. I never got around to the photo shops.
    Will get one later up here in JHB. I'll see about post a step by step.

PS: Thanks again for doing most of the graft on the sail - it certainly made
    life easier for us ballies!

stunning fly wiets!

tubefly looks like the way to go with these flies as a squids body is longer than what the tentacals are, so you would either need a realy long hook or a tube. With a long hook you give the fish leverage to trow the hook.

I will try to tie some of my fes this weekend and post them on monday.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast