Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squid / tjokka flies

Wiets having caught squid on a few occasions I agree with the other guys that that is a really good pattern that will look the real deal when fished in long slow strips. Hold onto your hat while thats in the water you never know what will hit.

oh this makes me feel good. Wiets brought these 2 flies out and said " Guys, I was messing around with some material and made these" I'm not lying to you...everyone took the 2 flies and stroked them on and off, all evening. to me they were brilliant. deewy i forgot to tell you about them, amidst my gushing about the trip, last night. they are good looking flies in real life. the flash is stunning and subtle.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi guys

I tied an awsome squid over the weekend. I will be posting the pic soon.

Wiets, what material did you use for your flies? I used hackles marabou and spun egg yarn, with silicone.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    Hi guys I tied an awsome squid over the weekend. I will be posting the pic soon.
    Wiets, what material did you use for your flies? I used hackles marabou and spun egg yarn, with silicone.
    Hi Deewy

Here is a new picture showing the materials;

realy looks good, wil post my pics soon, gonna experiment with some other squid paterns as well, especially for the snoek, they will murder that fly way to quick and then all that efford is wasted.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Deewy's silicone squid...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12