Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrift/ Gubu/ E.C. Stillwaters

Weather has won again. Trip has been posponed till next week end.

My view, good or wise deciision.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by clarias View Post
    It is owned by a bunch of farmers, and the water is leased by Martin Davies and stocked by him...
    I'd find out what the lease agreement states ito the owner's usage before throwing stones - that might make the water murkier than the boats
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    I'd find out what the lease agreement states ito the owner's usage before throwing stones - that might make the water murkier than the boats
    It would be a pity if one of the owners has decided after all these years that HE , does not have a problem with motorised boats on these waters.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

when did I throw anything?????

Quote Originally Posted by clarias View Post
    when did I throw anything?????
    That MRS. Simpson Remember.

Default Queenstown Gathering: 11-13 July 2008

HI All

Anybody interested in ff this one. Good stillwaters with big trout here. All info regarding this event is in the June 2008 T.C.F.F. MAG. (maximum-60 ff)

I fished Aloe Grove on my return from ff Maclear area and caught some very nice trout.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI All

Anybody interested in ff this one. Good stillwaters with big trout here. All info regarding this event is in the June 2008 T.C.F.F. MAG. (maximum-60 ff)

I fished Aloe Grove on my return from ff Maclear area and caught some very nice trout.

Dave
    Queenstown: 11-13 July. We are going.

Dave
    Igme
    Nolan

Default Lake Sneeuberg stocking-2008

HI Guys

Permits all organized for this years stocking of this magnificent stillwater. Will be done as soon as we can get a gap. Long trip to cart fish so must go according to our plans. 400- stockies on order.

Will post some pics of trout c&R by us here soon.

Dave

HI Guys

Permits all organized for this years stocking of this magnificent stillwater. Will be done as soon as we can get a gap. Long trip to cart fish so must go according to our plans. 400- stockies on order.

Will post some pics of trout c&R by us here soon.

Dave
    Some good fish, up to 4.1kg (70cm)

Some good fish, up to 4.1kg (70cm)
    I first thought my contact lenses fell out, but soon realized that the pics are all out of focus.

Some nice fish though. Thrift is still one of my favorite still waters, but the last time I fished it was when they only just started building the new chalets.

Check the attached pic for my personal best at Thrift...

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast